"EVERYONE IS PHOTOGENICS"
"Fotogenic" is the best choices for photo editing app to suit every level of photographer.
We've created an interactive help for you to understand how to use it for each feature. Even if you have never used photo editing app before, you will create wonderful works of art.
It has an innovative and easy to use interface that creates a beautifully simple user experience. It's easy and intuitive for beginners yet capable enough to be appreciated by professional photographers.
• Text On Path : Adding text on a path is an important way to create unique text effects
• Speech Bubble : A fun way to perk up your photos is by adding cartoon style speech balloons
• Captions : Add a caption below and above your photos
• Stretch : Make you taller
• Slimmer : It's a snap to get a leaner
• Crop : Crop photo
• Perspective : Fix Keystone distortion
• Rotate : Turn your photo 90 degrees left or right
• Straighten : You can easily fix slanted photos
• Square Fit : Square photo without cropping
• Mosaic : Hide the unwanted parts
• Smooth : Flawless complexion
• Whiten : Dazzling white smiles
• Detail : It provides unrivaled clarity
• Makeup : Adding a shadow for your eyes or paint a nice color for your lip
• Clone : Eliminate unwanted objects
• Bodybuilding : You can get an attractive and sexy body in seconds
• Tattoo : You can get inspiration what symbol to put permanently on your body
• Bronze Skin : Making your bronzer appear naturally sun kissed
• Defocus : It allows you to focus a subject of your photo
• Reshape : Simulate realistic plastic surgeries
• Vibrance : Well saturated colors
• Color Splash : Nice looking abstract artworks
• Color Replacement : Easily change the color of objects
• Levels : Stretch brightness levels in a histogram
• Filters : Hundreds of great photo filters in 5 different categories
• Red Eye : Fix red eye effect
• Lighting : Add depth and warmth
• Channel Mixer : Adjust the percentages for the Red, Green and Blue
• Brightness & Contrast : Fix too light or too dark areas
• Sharpen : Almost every digital image needs at least a little bit of sharpening
• HDR : Achieve an HDR (high dynamic range) look
• Highlights & Shadows : Easy method for correcting lighting
• Signature : Add digital Signature
• Paint : Perfect tool for those who love the art of hand painted
• Funny Brushes : 40 fun brushes in 5 different categories (Cute,Halloween,Indicator,Kid,People)
• Weather : You’ll be able to transform the atmosphere of your picture in just a few seconds(Clouds,Lightning,Rain,Rainbow,Snow)
• Glowing Lines : Wrap a part of the main object with a glowing beam of light (Glow lamp,sparkle,Fire,Glow Line)
• Seagull : Create a wonderful graphic composition (Butterfly, Seagull)
• Flare : Add magic to your photos
• Bokeh : Create soft dreamy backgrounds
• Money : Take them, they are flying into your hands!
• Dandelion : Bring happiness to your photos
• Bubble : Add the wonderful flying bubbles
• Petals : Falling petals. Your photos will look very elegant and ethereal (Red Rose,Yellow Rose,Daisy,Autumn)
• Confetti : Essential part of memorable photos
• Shapes : The ideal complement for a fun photo composition
• Mixer : One of the fastest ways to get amazing looking images is by using Blending modes.
• Light Leaks : Add an artistic touch to your photos
• Grunge : Convert normal everyday photos into worn out style.
• Gradient : Create natural looking composite images.
• Lens Flare : Trendy cool colorized photos
• Vignette : A popular photo effect
• Mask : Highlight a part of your image in different shapes
• Frames : Dozens of Picture frame with 4 different categories
• Doodle : Perfect way for you to add humor or feeling to your photo (5 different categories)
• Borders : Create a simple but effective border
Esc key for cancel.
Drag and drop image for open as tattoo, blend etc.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Some of the features look to be worthwhile, but they are locked and unusuable in the free version. Nevermind that, however, as what will drive you crazy is the user experience.
First issue: this app was designed strictly for phones and it is a direct port from there. Apple never should have allowed this in the Mac App Store, because it is not a Mac app. There is nothing about the user experience that is remotely Mac-like and it doesn’t even fit a desktop monitor properly. The person who pushed the button to release this should be retrained.
There is no menu up on the menu bar, except for Quit. There is no open, and no save.
Second: everything is designed to be bouncy. As the app moves between views, everything bounces in and out. On my big screen, that means multiple graphics going bonkers bouncy everywhere. It’s a headache and very unprofessional —even for an app intended to be a laugh.
Third: many of the edits don’t seem to do anything. I used the Smooth tool on a butterfly pic and nothing happened. At all. It was totally indistinguishable from the original.
Don’t spend $3 here until they make this into a proper app.
Developer Response ,
First - Your feedback is not sincere at all. The smooth tool is not designed for butterflies. We showed in the tutorial how to use it and we explained. I think it's the best smooth tool that can retouch without losing your facial lines.
Second - if you want to open image you can do it from the menu button in the lower left corner or drag and drop or using "open with Fotogenic".
Third - this is not a mobile program port. It was originally designed for desktop PCs and ported to iOS and android. So we work hard so much to ensure the same user experience.
Unreliable and clunky
Poorly dopne. While the bouncy effect might be cute the first time, it gets stale very fast. But the difficulty of use is the real downfall: Just trying to add a soimpe, word to a photo: how many times does one have to click on the each of the three color effects, and then to try to choose the color propeorly is even more time consuming
Some have commented that this looks like it was designed for iOS. I agree that it certainly is not designed for a desktop user with a mouse. The effort to add one word to a photo is too much to make me want to try this again. Looks like an app headed for the Trash.
A good alrternative to FaceTune for the Mac
It’s not the prettiest or easiest User Interface - but after trying out about 5 photo editors (I am useless at photoshop and adobe) this was by far the best - and cheapest one.
If there were an erase feature that eraed section (as opposed to eraing an action you just took) I would have given it 5 stars. If you are looking for a Mac version of FaceTune - this is it!
- Huseyin Ekmekci
- 85.7 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Hde7Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.