Looking for something to do this weekend? Considering a road trip but not sure where to go? Visiting a new town and don't want to miss that perfect photo?
Fotospot is an attraction discovery app that surfaces 1,000s of curated, "photo-worthy" tourist attractions in your area. Discover amazing waterfalls, giant donuts (and one bagel), unique museums, film locations from your favorite movies and TV shows, scenic and historic locations, plus loads of other attractions featuring the wild, the wonderful, and the just plain weird.
Fotospot also let's you suggest new spots, add photos and comments, check in to existing attractions, save attractions so you can visit them later, compete on the leaderboard, and follow your friends' adventures.
Never miss another photo with Fotospot.
U.S. States available in app:
District of Columbia
A Few Notes:
- This app is free to play.
- We recommended using while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time and is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatible with iPhone® 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/7/7 Plus devices with iOS Version 8-9+ installed.
- Compatibility with 5/5c/5s/SE devices is not guaranteed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can reduce battery life.
Handy New Button to Easily Toggle Between States
UI and Performance Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Would be perfect if I could check in to spots I’ve been at
This app is pretty cool and has awesome places I need to get photos at. This app would be perfect if it would let me check in to places I’ve already visited it and taken a picture at (kind of how yep lets you go back and check in after the fact). Sadly there are places I would love to check in (and can verify with location picture was taken) that I will probably never visit again and that makes me really sad to not be able to check in to those places.
Hi OlgaOutrageous-- This is a really great suggestion. We're adding to our product calendar. Thanks! The Fotospot Team
Fun but not always functional app
Husband and I are on extended road trips and I want to make sure I am seeing everything worthwhile. My main beef with this app is that the attractions do not appear to be listed in the order we are driving or even in any order that makes sense. Good for a reference but I rarely end up seeing something I found on this app
Hi @Shutterbug120458— The app should definitely show you the closest attractions to you. If it’s not, here are a few things you can try: 1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Fotospot and make sure it says “While Using”. 2. If that’s already on, you may want to pull down on the feed to refresh it every once in a while. Unfortunately, you have to do this manually. If we did it automatically, it would destroy your battery. 3. Lastly, if you tap the icon in the bottom right corner, you can switch over to map view. That should make it easier to find things. Hope that helps!
Very fun and a great use of time!
I love the concept of this app, and it’s the PERFECT way to start up some fun adventures, I’ve only used this app for a short amount of time, however in that time I have had the best experience possible!
Hi camynnm-- Thanks so much! Best, the Fotospot Team
- Ghosty Inc
- 17.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Ghosty Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.