Four Winds Mahjong
By Thomas Tanner
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Four Winds Mahjong is the Mac OS X Version of the favored iPad App with additional features!
Four Winds Mahjong, is the traditional chinese Mahjong game with four players. You play against 3 virtual opponents. Because of the description of the mahjong rules this app is also useful for beginners to learn this interesting game.
Four Winds Mahjong is played with 144 tiles and uses the hazard tiles (flowers and seasons). Four Winds Mahjong is a must have for every mahjong enthusiast.
- easy to play with drag and drop
- adjustable game speed
- special hands like ,Thirteen Orphans‘, ,Twins Of Heaven‘, ,Knitting‘, ,Imperial Jade‘ and more
- robbing the Kong
- full description of the rules and how to use this app
- detailed statistic of the accounting of every game
- save up to 24 different game situations
- minimum screen resolution 1024 X 768 (only fullscreen mode)
- recommended 1280 X 960 (fullscreen and window mode)
What's New in Version 1.2
- bug fixing of displaying the wind of the round in the overview
- bug fixing of declining pungs
Decent four-player Chinese Mahjong
I played the original for PC years ago, and this is indeed more “streamlined.” There is no in-game sound, which doesn’t bother me (always found the computer voices shouting “Pung!” and “Kong!” at me to be irritating, and turned them off). There is a game manual under the “I” button. I would like a statistical history, but that’s obviously not going to happen. $12 is too much for this apparently abandoned game, but as far as I can see, it’s the only option for Mahjong that’s not solitaire.
No audio on 10.6.8 iMac
When starting this app on my iMac, the opening sound plays but there are no in-game sounds at all. It seems like there should be player voices and such, but nothing. The support link takes you to the developer's web page that just has a list of apps with links back to the app store - no actual "support."
Very good real mahjong game
A fun game and most helpfull for the novice player. I only wish there was an option to make the tiles larger for easier viewing.