By Sonoma Wire Works
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"I'm obsessed with this FourTrack recording app - a superpowerful studio in your pocket." Trey Anastasio (Phish guitarist) in Rolling Stone Magazine
• Multitrack recording: use bounce for more than 4 tracks
• 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality
• Pan Control: move tracks from left to right
• Timeline: seek to anywhere in a song instantly
• Latency Compensation: accurate to within 1ms
• Compressor-Limiter: fattens sound of output mix
• Bounce: mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want
• Metronome: select tempo by number or tapping. Record along with real drums, including beats by Jason McGerr (Death Cab for Cutie)
• MasterFX: sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
• File Import - Import audio into FourTrack by opening an audio email attachment or by dragging audio files into FourTrack's FileImport area in iTunes. Supports .wav, .mp3 and .aiff formats. This feature requires iOS 4.0 and iTunes 9.2 or above
• Input Monitoring - Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix
• Jam along with your favorite songs by launching FourTrack while your iTunes Music app is playing.
• GuitarJack Model 2 Control Panel - Adjust the input settings of the GuitarJack Model 2 audio I/O interface for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Select from 1/4", stereo 1/8" or both inputs simultaneously, and adjust input levels with 60 dB of analog gain control. GuitarJack Model 2 can be used by most apps that do recording or playback. When a stereo mode is selected, tracks will arm in pairs (1 & 2 or 3 & 4). Record in stereo! Simultaneously record 2 inputs, like guitar and vocals.
• TaylorEQ - Input EQ for enhancing the FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument. Select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer manually.
• ARM Optimized Audio Engine - Hand optimized assembly code.
• Higher Resolution Graphics: Optimized for the iPhone 4 Retina Display.
• New in FourTrack 6: GuitarTone amps & effects in FourTrack have been updated to GuitarTone 2, so they sound even better, allowing musicians to capture great sounding guitar tone. Purchase amp and effect packs in the stand-alone GuitarTone App and they will be automatically activated in FourTrack as well.
• New in FourTrack 7: Dropbox Sync: Upload and store your mixes and projects to your Dropbox account, then share your music by emailing download links to friends.
• New in FourTrack 7: AudioCopy 2: Copy and paste audio between other AudioCopy 2 enabled apps.
To prevent losing data during iTunes sync, please see the FourTrack Guide, then be sure to backup your FourTrack songs before updating.
Sonoma Wire Works, makers of GuitarJack Model 2 (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), GuitarJack 2 USB (Mac/Win/iPad), StudioTrack (iPad), RiffWorks recording software (Mac/Win), DrumCore plug-in (Mac/Win) and more.
Videos, Guide, FAQ, Forum and more on sonomawireworks.com
Email email@example.com with questions.
"Solid and functional. Stable, easy and useful" - Wired.com
What's New in Version 7.0.1
Updated for iOS 8. Progress bar added to Dropbox Sync. Fixed bugs.
Great interface and so reliable
You can very quickly start a session when inspiration strikes and record a few tracks of real music with almost no technical friction. Works great with just the iPhone hardware when that’s all you have, but works even better with an accessory microphone and/or guitar input. I’ve been using it for years. The interface is like a musical instrument. It is as fast and easy as voice notes to use, but you get a multitrack session recorded. Very reliably keeps answering the call for instant mobile multitrack sessions.
Doesn't record stereo
I thought I read in the description that this app recorded in stereo, but that looks like it's only with the particular I/O device it mentions. Had to get the Multitrack DAW app instead. Would help to have the fact that it's mono recording clearly stated in the description.
Otherwise, I didn't use it but looks like a nice simple interface for four tracking.
IOS8 Glitch Fixed - 5Star Again
Thanks to developers for quickly updating this. I have always felt that this was the simplest, and most efficient multi-track recorder. I am really happy to have it back.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 01, 2014
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 45.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sonoma Wire Works
- © 2008-2014, Sonoma Wire Works
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.