By FOX News Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Follow dynamic, real-time reporting from Fox News in the enhanced apps for iPhone, rebuilt from the ground up. Get comprehensive coverage of the day’s hottest stories with Fox News alerts, Fair and Balanced headlines, live streaming video, vibrant photo galleries, and the latest video clips from your favorite shows on demand!
• Watch Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live wherever you are*
• View streaming coverage of live events and exclusive programming available only online
• Browse the latest headlines while watching Fox News live coverage and clips on demand
• Adjust the player size to you preference – go full screen by flipping your phone into landscape or shrink it down to audio only. Watch it your way
Breaking News & Alerts
• Subscribe to Fox News Alerts to follow breaking news as it happens
• Keep an eye on the Breaking News Hub to stay up to date on a story as it unfolds
Enhanced News Format
• Articles now offer related content – view videos, slideshows, and lists for the news that matters to you
• View the latest videos from the #1 cable news shows and anchors on Fox News Channel
• Connect with your favorite shows and news personalities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more directly from the app
*Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live are only available through authorized cable, satellite, and telco subscription packages.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Mediocre at best
The new version has a LONG way to go. The vertical top-level navigation is a good start, making it easier to select the category you want — Opinion, World, Entertainment, etc. But each category page is a confusing hodgepodge of information. At the top there are a bunch of article links, but it’s hard to say whether they are new. Then, there is a section of videos, which requires horizontal scrolling to view — arghh. Then, below the videos, are what I think are the latest articles for that category. The latest articles should be at the top and clearly labeled as such! At least with the old version of this app, you could go in and find the latest content for each section in no time.
Also frustrating is the red alert bar that hides the Menu for navigation as it scrolls across the top of the page — annoying.
The amount of images on the app clutters up the display, especially on the small iPhone screen. There ought to be an option to not display images.
I just updated to the new version of the fox news app... So far there are 3 issues I dont like.
1. When opening the app, the first couple of stories move rather slowly because they expand as you scroll, this is a pain because I want to see the title and brief summary, expanding slows scrolling and is annoying.
2. The menu should be customizable so you can put the sections you want to read at the top and leave the rest at the bottom. Users shouldn't have to scroll through the whole menu for what they are looking for... Definately not user friendly... If i want to read about Science or Politics and don't care about the other choices, I'd like to move them to the top, rather than searching for them alll the time.
3. Everything is white, except the menu. Design is lacking. You could add some color to offset the brightness. The previous version wasn't so harsh pn the eyes.
The new app is terrible and unreliable. The initial page has a goofy 4 story scroll that gets in the way and is annoying because it doesn't scroll up easily. Then there is a confusing horizontal scroll of stories between the first set of four stories and the list of other stories. You can't tell which ones are the new stories.
You now have to go to a menu to find the rest of the news and the most useful areas of news are scattered at the bottom. At least when you get to those stories you can just scroll down. Of course, there is the horizontal group of stories that again separates the list of news items.
Finally, the app gets locked up when reading stories and then takes the reader back to the top of the story page. That is so annoying that I end up moving on to another news app.
C- to a D+ on this app. It's so annoying that I typically look at it last. I used to go to it first. Fix it Fox!
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 26, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FOX News Digital
- © 2014 FOX News Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.