FOX Sports is your home for exclusive sports content and live streaming.
• Stream all your favorite sports: MLB, NFL, Boxing, NASCAR, Soccer, NCAA Basketball, NCAA Football, Golf, Tennis, your local NHL, and NBA games, and more.
• Plus watch the biggest national sporting events, such as: FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019 TM, the 2019 U.S. Open, MLB Post-Season Games, NASCAR Daytona 500, and more.
Upcoming Premiere Boxing Champions events live on the Fox Sports app:
• Fight Night: Quillin vs Truaz April 13th, 8:00p ET
• Fight Night: Garcia vs Granados April 20th, 8:00p ET
Trending News and real-time game Alerts:
• Stay up-to-date with personalized news and score updates from your favorite teams.
• Never miss a moment of news from sports biggest headlines. Get coverage of 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 NFL Draft, NBA player news, and more.
Must-see Video Highlights:
• Get live game highlights from your point of view, plus key plays and stats, right on the scoreboard.
• See highlights from the biggest moments across all your favorite sports: NBA, MLB, Boxing, NASCAR, and more.
FS1 Studio Shows:
• Enjoy opinion and debate with top personalities on FS1 Studio Shows - Skip & Shannon: Undisputed, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, First Things First, Speak for Yourself, Lock It In, The Ultimate Fighter, NASCAR Race Hub, and UFC Tonight when you sign in with your TV Provider credentials.
• Plus listen in to Fox Sports podcasts anytime, anywhere.
Why FOX Sports is Different
* Live Video Whenever You Want – Tuning in to catch a game has never been easier.
* Enhanced Home Screen - All your favorite teams, scores, news, and live video in one location, personalized to you.
* New Game Summaries - Complete with game previews, box scores, play-by-play, recaps, and highlights.
* Reimagined User Experience - Upgraded team selection and customizable navigation allows you to personalize your FOX Sports profile and delivers the information you care about most.
All in a big, bold design that puts you at the center of it all.
EULA URL - http://www.foxsports.com/end-user-license-agreement?nav=false
Bug fixes and performance optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could be better
One example: I had to go to the Fox NEWS app to learn whether or not the U.S. horse racing Triple Crown had been won. I know horse racing in the States isn’t what it once was, but winning the Triple Crown still is a big deal, and a sports app ought to have that covered.
Also, there should be headlines at the top, please, so I get a quick idea of what’s going on. For example, I should be able to see the leaders of the Senior Open or L.P.G.A. P.G.A. Championship with ease. (Your main competitor mostly gets this right. I’m trying to avoid the Olbermann-loving ESPN and rely on the Fix Sports app, but all y’all are making it difficult for me to embrace your app.)
Finally, I’d rather READ a story than have to watch a video (after the commercial, that is), so enough with the 400 kazillion videos every day, please.
Coca Cola AD
You force people on your app to watch the game with a third of the screen, one half is filled with a Coca Cola ad that shows stats no one needs to see throughout the entire game. Stats can be looked up during and after a game, I don’t need to see every second of stats. The other half of the screen is taken up by 3 different camera angles, one showing the “live” game, and the other two smaller camera angles showing coaches and random players walking around the field. May I add that the random ppl walking around and coaches are ahead of the “live” feed of the game. So basically you are seeing the same thing twice because the camera feeds are not at the same speed/time. This is probably the dumbest thing you could have MADE your app users watch. I turned off the app and watched the game from the computer WITHOUT the stupid 3 camera angles and half a Coca Cola ad. FIX THIS CRAP! YOU GET A ONE STAR TIL THEN.
A quick caveat: With the most recent update (oct 30) the pages in the app literally will not load. Not sure what happened with that update, but at least for me it’s made the app completely useless.
Even when it was working before the app is extremely slow as other people have indicated on their reviews. I’ve seen developer responses asking for feedback and reasons for the slowness - no idea. I’m not using the app through Facebook, I’m just using it as any normal app on my iPhone. I’m connected to great WiFi, the app has always been updated, I’m always using the current iOS, and everything else on my phone runs remarkably faster than this app.
It could be that nearly all of the substantive content are videos. It could be that many of the in game headlines seem to be auto generated. Who knows. The point is, expect to spend at least 3 minutes with the app to find and load the score you’re looking for - at least based on my 6 months-ish experience with the app.
It’s a shame too. ESPN is chasing a lot of us away with covering Steven A Smith being angry and Lavar Ball being stupid 20 hours a day. Suffice it to say that is may be an option if you’re sick of that too (see the above caveat about nonfunctionality), but this app cannot be recommended at this point.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough review. You include quite a few details, thank you. We aren't seeing the issues you mention but we'd really like to learn more so we can help you. If possible, could you sign into the app (or create a FOX Sports account if needed) and then send feedback through the Settings...About...Feedback feature including your user name above? This will provide us with more info we can use to troubleshoot your experience. Thank you
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.