FOX19 First Alert Weather
By Raycom Media Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The WXIX Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
What's New in Version 4.3.500
- New scrolling theme that presents all content in a vertical, linear scroll experience that is highly configurable.
- 22 weather sensitive graphical photo scenes.
- 32 weather alert types.
- Multi hour / multi-day weather impact days
- Reduced navigation - location switching and settings combined in one menu
- Button bar to jump directly to weather essentials (currents, hourly, daily, map)
Latest update is a major disappointment. It won't rotate to landscape and I was stunned at how the new format bombards you with ads. Almost every other panel has an ad in addition to ads when you open the app. The older version was actually one of my favorite weather apps with minimal ads and a rotating feature that let you focus on the weather. As a person from Cincinnati, I liked having one local app that worked well, now I'll have to rely on one of the big weather apps instead. This is definitely leaving my device.
This used to be my favorite weather app; latest update rendered it unusable
Up until the latest update, this was my favorite weather app. Obnoxious ad placement -- which puts horrible, blinking ads in the middle of the screen -- has rendered the app unusable. Hint to developers: it's possible to incorporate ads in such a way as to be subtle yet effective. Really -- it can be done! Lack of landscape mode is also problematic, but the deal-breaker for me is the ads.
Boo on latest update
This was my favorite weather until this latest update. I am a musician who plays a number of outdoor gigs and have relied on this app to know if and when the weather will turn bad. I don't want to be bombarded with advertisements and would be fine with paying a reasonable removal fee. But if that option doesn't appear very soon, the app is history from my phone.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 30, 2016
- Version: 4.3.500
- Size: 62.8 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Raycom Media, Inc
- © The Weather Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.