The WXIX Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
New Map Experience!
*Press the 3 dots to access map layers options
*Press and hold on any Weather Condition, Storm Symbol or Alert and drag it into the Quick Pick area to quickly change weather layers without accessing all map layers options
Easily view all videos in the app
*Press on a video and you will see all videos within the app displayed so you can easily browse
Ratings and Reviews
Great app and forecasts
It is funny seeing people complain about the ads. Everyone wants something for free. Anyway....This app is a great and is my go to app every morning to see the video about what’s going to happen with the weather. From my experience, they have the most accurate/dependable forecasts in Cincinnati. And, they don’t do all the crazy weather hype that ch’s 9 & 5 do that gets people worked up into a frenzy.
Email messages are better
There is too much advertising, starting with a full-screen ad when you open the app. The information is in video format; I prefer text. Fox 19’s email messages are better so I’ve removed the app.
I thought I would like the notifications but they’re only teasers. For example, “Will there be frost tonight?” or “When will it rain next?” (in four days, silly).
Infected with ADS
This app is borderline malware. It’s so full of ads that navigating it is hard. Never mind that you may want to read or watch anything. The notifications are also just a push to get you to watch their news channel. Notifications come in just before they air Trying to get you tune in...rude. I deleted the app. Very poor experience.
- Raycom Media, Inc
- 59.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.