Want a free PDF reader? Try Foxit MobilePDF. This is an easy-to-use PDF reader which allows you to view, annotate, and protect PDF files on iOS devices while on the go. Unlike other PDF readers, this app comes with ConnectedPDF, a leading edge technology that powers document intelligence, security, and collaboration services for PDF files.
Foxit MobilePDF provides you with the following capabilities:
* Reliable: 100% compliant with your current PDF ecosystem.
* Lightweight: doesn’t exhaust your device resources.
* Fast: no long waits to open PDFs.
* Secure: powerful file protection features to safeguard sensitive information against unauthorized access.
* Collaborative: full control of your content.
* Multi-Language: support for 12 languages.
What Foxit MobilePDF can offer to you:
View, manage, and annotate PDF files
* Open PDF files from iTunes, Email, Safari, and Open-in
* View MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT and image files
* Reflow PDF files for easy viewing
* Supports tabbed document interface (for iPad only)
* Supports to read the PDF out loud
* Rename, move, copy or delete PDF file(s)
* Zip and unzip files
* Annotate, stamp, and sign PDF documents
* Support for Slide Over and Split View
* Scan, capture, and convert paper documents to PDFs (available on iPad 3, iPhone 5, and newer generation products)
* Play audios and videos in PDF.
* Print PDFs
Work with ConnectedPDF (available on iPad 3, iPhone 5, and newer generation products)
* Convert PDF file to ConnectedPDF format
* Work with protected cPDFs
* Participate in Connected reviews
* Track who reads or edits your document
* Share comments and discussions on PDF documents
* Share your PDF file with a file link
Work on PDF forms
* Fill out and save PDF forms
* Import and export form data
* Submit PDF forms via HTTP, FTP, or Email
* Generate 2D barcodes for Ultraforms-enabled PDF forms
Share, store and synchronize PDF files
* Share PDF files and screenshots from within the application
* Share multiple files across your desktop and iOS device via Wi-Fi
* Save, synchronize and access PDF files in Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, WebDAV, FTP, SFTP, and Foxit Drive
* Protect PDF files with password and Microsoft Rights Management Services (RMS)
* Manage the app and protect corporate data with Microsoft Intune
* Participate in Shared reviews and Email-based reviews
* Open, modify, check out, and check back in PDF files in Microsoft SharePoint
* Sign PDF documents with an existing digital certificates
* Save, synchronize and access PDF files in OneDrive Business
* Create and combine PDF files
* Organize PDF pages
* Convert PDFs to Microsoft Office files, TXT, image, and HTML files
* Optimize PDF documents
* Work on XFA forms (requires subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF Business)
* Edit document properties (requires subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF Business)
* Add/Edit text and image objects in PDF (requires subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF Business)
* Insert audio or video to PDF (requires subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF Business)
You can have a 7-day free trial for the advanced features. To activate the advanced features when the free trial expires, you should create a Foxit account and subscribe to Foxit MobilePDF Business or Foxit PhantomPDF Business. After subscription, just sign in with your Foxit account and the advanced features will be available.
Follow Foxit on Facebook and Twitter!
Add/Edit text and image objects in PDF (requires subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF Business)
Convert HTML to PDF (paid feature)
Insert audio or video to PDF (requires subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF Business)
Some ease of use enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Great mobile PDF app
I use PhantomPDF on desktop, and this is a great extension of that software. It does a lot, but really nails the core functionality of mobile PDF software. My only gripe is the lack of ability to directly with Dropbox and Box. Although you can open your files in those services through Foxit’s cloud functionality, I really prefer to access my documents through my cloud providers’ native apps. Adobe does a great job of integrating with these two services, allowing me to open files from the cloud apps directly into Adobe and then automatically save changes back. Unfortunately, Foxit beats Adobe in every other aspect, so I have no app that does both well.
Favorite PDF app of mine
This app is amazing for students, I have all of my books on here. This saves time and my back (Having Engineering courses most of the books are extremely heavy).
The highlighter function works flawlessly as well as the mark up and search functions built in. My only area of improvement would be to have the mark up function a little more “smooth” as it lags a little bit and is a little on the “blocky” side. This is my reason for the 4 stars. I do have the free version though.
All said and done this is highly recommended.
Lost Basic features unless I subscribe
Well, I loved this app until today. Now many free features require a subscription. Its $11 a year. I did not get advanced notice and now can’t use this app. I can understand some features being moved to a paid feature, but now I can’t even open a pdf from my email without subscribing to the annual fee. If they offered a one time price for the app I’d consider it. Now I do not know what value the free app has.
Also, to add insult to injury, I deleted the program to reinstall thinking there may have been a problem, and I lost all my documents in memory.
Foxit let me down. Very disappointed since I now have to recreate my files.
I just purchased GoodReader for $4.99. So far it does everything that my old Foxit PDF Reader FREE did and more. With GoodReader I can delete pages in a pdf that are not necessary. It has all the editing functions. It is a slight challenge to navigate but with so many features it still is intuitive. I’ve only had it a few hours but it seems better than paying an $11 annual fee.
- Foxit Corporation
- 131.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2010-2018 Foxit Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.