Foxit PDF Reader & Converter
By Foxit Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Want a free PDF reader? Try Foxit MobilePDF. This is an easy-to-use PDF reader which allows you to view, annotate, and protect PDF files on iOS devices while on the go. Unlike other PDF readers, this app comes with ConnectedPDF, a leading edge technology that powers document intelligence, security, and collaboration services for PDF files.
Foxit MobilePDF provides you with the following capabilities:
Reliable: 100% compliant with your current PDF ecosystem.
Lightweight: doesn’t exhaust your device resources.
Fast: no long waits to open PDFs.
Secure: powerful file protection features to safeguard sensitive information against unauthorized access.
Collaborative: full control of your content.
Multi-Language: support for 12 languages.
What Foxit MobilePDF can offer to you:
View, organize, and edit PDF files
• Open PDF files from iTunes, Email, Safari, and Open-in
• View MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT and image files
• Reflow PDF files for easy viewing
• Supports tabbed document interface (for iPad only)
• Supports to read the PDF out loud
• Rename, move, copy or delete PDF file(s)
• Zip and unzip files
• Annotate, stamp, and sign PDF documents
• Support for Slide Over and Split View
• Scan, capture, and convert paper documents to PDFs (available on iPad 3, iPhone 5, and newer generation products)
• Play audios and videos
Work with ConnectedPDF (available on iPad 3, iPhone 5, and newer generation products)
• Convert PDF file to ConnectedPDF format
• Work with protected cPDFs
• Participate in Connected reviews
• Track who reads or edits your document
• Share comments and discussions on PDF documents
• Share your PDF file with a file link
Work on PDF forms
• Fill out and save PDF forms
• Import and export form data
• Submit PDF forms via HTTP, FTP, or Email
• Generate 2D barcodes for Ultraforms-enabled PDF forms
Share, store and synchronize PDF files
• Share PDF files and screenshots from within the application
• Share multiple files across your desktop and iOS device via Wi-Fi
• Save, synchronize and access PDF files in Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, WebDAV, FTP, SFTP, and Foxit Drive
• Protect PDF files with password and Microsoft Rights Management Services (RMS)
• Manage the app and protect corporate data with Microsoft Intune
• Participate in Shared reviews and Email-based reviews
• Open, modify, check out, and check back in PDF files in Microsoft SharePoint
• Sign PDF documents with digital certificates
• Save, synchronize and access PDF files in OneDrive Business
• Create and combine PDF files
• Organize PDF pages
• Convert Microsoft Office files, TXT and image files to PDFs
• Convert PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, TXT, image, and HTML files
To activate the advanced features, you should create a Foxit account and subscribe to Foxit MobilePDF. After subscription, just sign in with your Foxit account and the advanced features will be available.
You can subscribe to Foxit PhantomPDF to create, edit, protect, and collaborate PDF files on Windows desktop. Subscription to Foxit PhantomPDF also allows for free and unlimited access to the advanced features in Foxit MobilePDF.
What's New in Version 6.1
1.Support iPhone X
2.Fixed some security and stability issues.
3.Some other user-friendly enhancements.
Crash? (Updated x2)
Issue addressed. Thank you; now just needs some handwriting refinement and it’ll be incredible.
Update #1: I see this has been an ongoing and unanswered issue from reading reviews. Pay attention; you’re losing customers without even knowing.
Original: App is really great although recently started crashing 30 secs after open even after restarting iPad Pro. Maybe iOS 11.1 issue, maybe my iPad, but makes the app useless so hopefully it can be addressed.
Also, handwriting detection makes me look like a 4th grader unless I write very slowly so improvements there would definitely earn my full purchase.
Problematic app and no fix
I used Foxit on my iPad for awhile and it was more capable than Adobe Acrobat. The problem started six months afterward and it seized up. As a consequence all my files in Foxit were lost. Support from Foxit is nearly non-existing. When they responded a week later, it was not helpful to retrieve my files. Fortunately I have backup the files several weeks earlier on iCloud, but the current edits were all lost. Since then I use Adobe Acrobat and it works flawlessly. I wholeheartedly CANNOT recommend FOXIT for anyone.
If only this existed in college
This is the only free app I've found that does side by side view and intelligent cropping. I bought an iPad pro 12.9 just to use this app. It replaces 50lbs of books.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2017
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 118 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Foxit Corporation
- ©2010-2017 Foxit Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.