By Gerard Toonstra
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
FPV (First Person View) is developed for R/C enthusiasts who own models equipped with HD definition IP camera's and wireless transmission modules. It displays the HD video streams and optionally overlays the image with an onscreen display, generated by the data from onboard telemetry, if this is present. See the support website for information on how you can integrate your hardware to activate this feature.
The app was designed to minimize latency in the videolink. The videostream must be H.264, transferred using UDP multicast. The majority of IP cameras already support this at the moment.
A number of expansions and add-ons are planned for this application. Check out the website for the roadmap details.
What's New in Version 1.1
- 20-30% less CPU usage
- Eliminates jerky video playback
- Better artwork
- Improved estimation for stall conditions
- Virtual tunnel
- Integration with "FPVNav" app
- Zero-configuration networking (Bonjour)
- Publishes position and direction messages of vehicle being managed
- Accepts a trajectory message used to build the virtual tunnel
See the webpage for integration and technical details.