Fragment is a cool, alternative image viewer for the Desktop with many unique featues
• Unique HUD UI. Both attractive and useful, it keeps Your image at maximum screen real-estate.
• Fast, resizable thumbnails for all images in the current directory.
• Fast app startup and image loading; fluid onscreen image navigation.
• Unique Peek and Skim browsing options to quickly examine image folders.
• Unprecedented Animated GIFs Support with Timetrack, Reverse Play and Speed Control.
• Unique Metadata overview, where you can select any property to be shown as an image overlay.
• Unique browser-like "Back" button, to navigate the history of viewed images and directories.
• Unique Unconstrained Pan. The image can freely be moved around, without it being stuck to the edges of the window, perfect for viewing details, located on the edges or corners of the image.
• 55+ amazing Transition effects, available for both Slideshow and normal Browsing.
• Crop, Extend And Rotate image editing options.
• Very friendly to use over a local network (NAS), because of heavy use of asynchronous operations and local caching.
Supported File Formats: JPEG (image/jpeg);TIFF (image/tiff);PNG (image/png);GIF (image/gif);TGA (image/x-tga);BMP (image/bmp);PSD (image/vnd.adobe.photoshop);JPEG 2000 (image/jp2);JNG (image/x-jng);MNG (video/x-mng);EXR (image/x-exr);HDR (image/vnd.radiance);DDS (image/x-dds);PFM (image/x-portable-floatmap);PGM (image/x-portable-graymap);PPM (image/x-portable-pixmap);PBM (image/x-portable-bitmap);CD (image/x-photo-cd);PICT (image/x-pict);IFF (image/x-iff);PCX (image/x-pcx);CMU (image/x-cmu-raster);WBM (image/vnd.wap.wbmp);CUT (image/x-cut);ILBM (image/x-ilbm);XBM (image/x-xbitmap);XPM (image/x-xpixmap);G3 (image/fax-g3);SGI (image/x-sgi);KOALA (image/x-koala);
Build-in folder browser. Finally!
• New "Breadcrumbs" bar, replaces the old Folder Button. It shows the current path and gives immediate access to the filesystem.
• New full-scale Folder Browser with a unique Complete-Folder Thumbnails, giving an overview of the folders in their entirety.
• Unique menu-like view for subfolders, which does not require scrolling left and right even for deep hierarchies.
• Powerful User-Specified Favorites that are not just shortcuts, but fully accessible, live folders.
And there is more:
• New "Copy to" and "Move to" menu actions make it possible to do one-click file manipulations.
• New "Paste File" action, which pastes any files, from the clipboard into a folder in the new folder views.
• New command-line option `--viewonly` which disables all file and image operations, making it safer to use Fragment in places with public access.
• As usual, other smaller improvements and bug-fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
why? why? why?
what a GREAT image viewer!!!!! It will frill down through folders…read almost every type of image file...But you cant quickly open a folder and fly through any more with out the thing ANNOYING you about getting transitions pack to support the dev. I stopped using it. ill give you 2 bucks to shut it up tho.
Hi, You can turn transitions off or You can choose one of the simple transitions, which are free. Also, newer versions have no Premium Transitions selected by default, so you will NOT see any popups out of the box!
A simple and useful image viewer
This is what the image viewer I have been looking for. It is simple to use and matches my needs - click to view an image, easy to enter&exit full screen, simple way to switch between Fit views.
Simple, fast, powerful
I love this photo viewer. No image library to create, no importing, just skim through images in place. HUD interface is clean and once configured, UI is easy to use. Great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.