With "Frame It On My Wall", photographers, interior designers, artists, curators, art sellers and other creatives design art displays for walls, galleries, homes, businesses and outdoor art shows.
Your gallery design is itself art. It takes thought and time to get it right. Pre-visualize it before investing in framing.
Using augmented reality, you create and display arranged pictures on the screen anywhere, even outdoors with only a few minutes work. With a few taps, pictures are quickly rearranged, frame sizes, colors and material can be switched, and mat styles, colors and window sizes can be changed.
Each arrangement is a scene within a gallery. Instantly switch scenes within a gallery to compare different designs for a wall. Create separate galleries for different clients or locations.
Your photo library likely contains thousands of photos. Buried inside are photographic gems that are as worthy of hanging in your home or office as any art you might buy. Drag and drop up to 6 photos directly from the Photos app.
Share photos from your Photos or Lightroom® Library to the app via the share sheet and find the best stock frames, mats and print sizes for art on your walls in your room and with your colors.
"Frame It On My Wall" helps you answer these questions:
• How big should my photo be printed for display on my wall?
• What is the best color mat for my framed photo that fits the colors of my room?
• Would a narrow or wide frame face look better with my furniture?
• Where should I hang the framed picture?
• Should the colors in my photo be tuned to work better with my decor?
• How should I arrange my art on the wall?
• How do I organize my ideas for walls and galleries then share them with others?
• How do I record and track designs?
Millions of mat and frame combinations are stocked in stores. Choosing sizes and colors in bad lighting in a store, instead of on the wall where the framed picture will hang, often fails because it clashes with room decor.
When you explore possibilities with “Frame It On My Wall” in the place where it will be displayed, you are more likely to choose an excellent print size, mat and frame with less hassle, saving you time, money and stress.
In "Frame It On My Wall", you choose the colors and sizes of the mats and frames from common ones similar to those stocked in stores in the US or custom colors. You can even pickup colors from the room or picture to use on frames, mats and walls.
You can choose to "hang" pictures without mats and/or frames to visualize how float, frameless, canvas or glass pictures might display on your wall in standard or custom size windows. When you are considering art already in a custom frame, add its photo to your camera roll, then choose it for a frame that has a frame face size of 'none'.
Use photos saved to the camera roll from Lightroom.
Galleries, scenes and walls are managed from menus at the bottom of the management view. From these menus you can choose to share an archive of the scene or gallery. Later on a compatible iPad, you can drag and drop the archive onto the app window to restore the scene or gallery. You switch between management and design views with a double tap.
To minimize fatigue you freeze reality and complete your scene design without pointing your device at the wall. With reality frozen, the background contains the last image captured, while the design capabilities remain active so you can move and change framed pictures as usual. When the design is complete, tap the restart button and reposition the scene with your completed design.
"Frame It On My Wall" is an augmented reality app for iPhone 6s and later as well as 2017 iPads that use the A9 chip or better. Using your phone's camera, it takes photos from your Photo Library and frames them in virtual picture frames on walls that you color, mat and position.
Visit http://FrameItOnMyWall.com for tips and video intros to "Frame It On My Wall".
• Is built for iOS 12.1 and the new iPads
• Optimizes image processing for dramatic performance and usability increases with sets of pictures
• Adds a setting that enables/disables “Use true north orientation”
• Replaces web-based help with in-app help
• Shares up to 9 pictures from Photos or Lightroom using the ShareSheet. Photos are automatically framed and arranged in a grid
• Adds "Position scene at…" item on the Scene and Tools menus that translates the scene so that its rotation center is set to the tap position
• Adds "Set rotation to selection center" item on the Scene menu that sets the scene’s rotation center based on the selected walls
• Adds "Swap pair" item on the meshing gears button that exchanges framed pictures.
• Fixes an issue where custom color selection taps on the scene using iPhone X, XS and XS Max picked the wrong point in the snapshot
Ratings and Reviews
Nice concept but needs work
AR feature works well, but the frame dimensions are artificially limited for some reason (max of 47 inches for the piece of art I had) making the app useless for large paintings. Highly suggest that the developer remove the dimension limits and allow any size to be entered for width and height. Support for cropping and scaling of photos would also be nice.
Thank you for your purchase and review. It is very helpful to learn what is important to users. [Update: The ability to specify custom frame sizes to 8'x8' is now in 2.5.3.]
Cropping and scaling of photos is already present in the app. Double-click the photo in a frame and the app switches to a view where you pinch out to scale up the photo in the frame window and drag to adjust the crop.
Thank you for the custom frame size suggestion. Customizable frame window sizes will be in a future release. The app was initially created for framing with materials generally available in the consumer retail market. With the upcoming introduction of scenes and galleries, the app will appeal to a broader market of professionals where more flexibility such as custom frame sizes will be needed.
Please visit http://frameitonmywall.com for helpful tips. Please contact email@example.com with questions and suggestions.
- George Purvis III
- 82.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 - 2018 George Purvis
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.