Frame.io is the world’s most popular video review and collaboration platform, used by over 500,000 filmmakers and media pros.
Our new Mac menu bar app makes it faster and easier than ever to get your work on Frame.io, with our secure, accelerated, and indestructible file transfer solution.
Integrated right into your macOS desktop via watch folders and integrated with Final Cut Pro X 10.4.1 via share destinations.
With Frame.io and the Mac menu bar app you can upload all your source media, dailies, and work-in-progress edits into private workspaces, where you can collaborate with your teams, clients, and vendors. Frame.io replaces the hodgepodge of tools and inboxes for storage, review, and communication, so you can focus on creating.
• Start a render, go to sleep, and wake up to timestamped comments from your team.
• Set + forget from local to cloud for end-to-end support for on-set dailies.
• Preserve your local folder structure when uploading. We'll recreate the structure on Frame.io.
• Render directly from any of your preferred tools:
* Final Cut Pro X
* Premiere Pro
* After Effects
* Media Encoder
* Media Composer
* DaVinci Resolve
• Experience best-in-class resiliency. Rip out your hard drive, disconnect from the Internet, or restart your computer - when your connection is back, your upload to Frame.io will automatically resume.
• Take advantage of Frame.io's competition-crushing, accelerated uploading.
Works Seamlessly with Final Cut Pro X
• Share your full timeline or just selected clips directly from FCP X
• Import your Frame.io comments into an FCP X timeline
- Indestructible uploading to Frame.io, right from your desktop.
- Render from any app and automatically upload in the background.
- Upload directly from FCP X share destinations. Share your full timeline or just selected clips directly from FCP X.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: Not logging in…really want this to work
Update: I restarted and now the app is working. I restarted once before but this time seemed to work. So I’ve up’d my rating.
I’ve heard this is a really good app that many have used. I’ve downloaded it for the first time and the app seems to be buggy. It won’t log in at all, it just hangs on “Authenticating”. I can log in through a browser just fine. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.
Has stopped launching on my iMac 2017.
Great but still a work in progress
The app has some incredible features and funtionality. The beginnings of something amazing. I believe that with time, as bugs are fixed and recommendations on improvements are taken into consideration, this will turn into the premier (no pun intended) collaboration tool in video editing. If you’re willing to be patient with some glitches here and there early on and stick it out, I believe we will all be extremely glad to have such a great product in the end. Worth beign on the journey with this app.
Due to a few bugs and glitches that have yet to be fixed, I give this 4 stars. Needs to run smoother and with more reliability to get 5 stars.
- Frame.io, Inc.
- 15.8 MB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Frame.io, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.