Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Frank. Frank DeLoupe. Your new color-picking friend.
With Frank you can pick any color, anywhere on your screen and then:
• The USUAL: copy paste the value from the clipboard to your editor of choice
• The COOL: have it right into Photoshop with no extra effort
• Retina Display support for ALL pixels
• 8x Loupe so you actually see what you're picking
• A lovely label with RGB or HEX values for preliminary inspection
• Color Wheel so you can even refine your choice (or choose new colors!)
• Unobtrusive menu bar presence and automatic launch at login so he's there when you need him
• System-wide Hotkey to perfectly match your workflow
• Click to pick Foreground color or Alt (⌥) Click to pick Background color
• Keyboard control for super accurate picking (hit spacebar or Alt Spacebar to pick the color)
• CSS (HEX, #HEX, HSL, RGB), NSColor, UIColor, CGColor and GLColor formats available!
• Color space selection (Native, sRGB, Adobe RGB, Generic RGB)
• The fattest eyedropper on the menubar ever (if you want it)
Show Frank your love, help spread the word. There are a lot of designers in need out there.
Frank talks to Photoshop via Adobe Remote Connections so you will need Photoshop CS5 (12.0.4) or higher if you want the COOL to work.
Even more code formats:
- HSB for NSColor and UIColor
- Generic RGB
- Generic HSB
*FIXES & TWEAKS*
Spacebar now properly works when moving and selecting from your keyboard.
More detail in floating point values.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple proves to be perfect!
Seamlessly grabs any color I want or need for any format I find myself working in. The design is simple and straightforward which, initially had me a bit skeptical - how could something that looks so easy perform such complex functions? But when a well known web designer recommended Frank DeLoupe, I didn’t hesitate to make the purchase. Now, this is my go-to color app over several much more costly alternatives! I only wish I had come across it earlier!
Don’t know what I’d do without it.
I really can’t overstate how helpful this app has been over the last several years. Whether I’m designing in Photoshop or coding HTML/CSS, having instant access to a color on my screen (and a hex value immediately copied to the clipboard with or without the preceding “#”) has made my life much simpler more times than I can begin to count. Really glad this exists.
Any who works in graphics doesn't realize just how much they need this app. Sample any pixel anywhere on your Mac and copy the hex to you clipboard and automatically bring it into Photoshop. Amazing.
Just needs a Mojave update to fix the Menu Icon in Dark Mode.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.