Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Frank. Frank DeLoupe. Your new color-picking friend.
With Frank you can pick any color, anywhere on your screen and then:
• The USUAL: copy paste the value from the clipboard to your editor of choice
• The COOL: have it right into Photoshop with no extra effort
• Retina Display support for ALL pixels
• 8x Loupe so you actually see what you're picking
• A lovely label with RGB or HEX values for preliminary inspection
• Color Wheel so you can even refine your choice (or choose new colors!)
• Unobtrusive menu bar presence and automatic launch at login so he's there when you need him
• System-wide Hotkey to perfectly match your workflow
• Click to pick Foreground color or Alt (⌥) Click to pick Background color
• Keyboard control for super accurate picking (hit spacebar or Alt Spacebar to pick the color)
• CSS (HEX, #HEX, HSL, RGB), NSColor, UIColor, CGColor and GLColor formats available!
• Color space selection (Native, sRGB, Adobe RGB, Generic RGB)
• The fattest eyedropper on the menubar ever (if you want it)
Show Frank your love, help spread the word. There are a lot of designers in need out there.
Frank talks to Photoshop via Adobe Remote Connections so you will need Photoshop CS5 (12.0.4) or higher if you want the COOL to work.
What's New in Version 1.2
COLOR WHEEL PICKER
Sometimes you need to only slightly change the color you've just picked to a darker shade or you might want to desaturate it a bit. Or you don't give a damn about what's on the screen and you just want to choose a color. Hey, we got your back. It's in the menu. :)
Color management and profiles are often an annoyance… if you can't control them. Now you can. Choose from the preferences what your color space of choice is, Frank will do the rest.
LOUPE COLOR LABEL
Inspect colors before picking them with a label that now comfortably sits in the loupe interface in two flavors: RGB and HEX values.
PHOTOSHOP TO FRONT (OR NOT)
At times, say you are coding with Photoshop open in the background and the remote connection running, you end up being annoyed by picking colours and having Photoshop pop back to front every time you use Frank. You can deactivate this behavior from the preferences now.
New pictures of us. LOL.
Great app, if your a designer… GET IT. v1.2
This application sits in my login items because as I design things as a hobby a colour selector is incredibly useful, with the addition of a colour wheel I was glad since it was something I was waiting for. Now this is me nitpicking since this is a REALLY great app but the only two issues I’ve come across are: on boot up I get “frankdeloupe-helper” with label written inside a box and that theres no shortcut option for the colour wheel. After getting used to Ctl+Option+Cmd+C I was hoping there would of been a colour wheel shortcut such as Ctl+Option+Cmd+V or something. Besides those minor issues its something that any designer should have as its an absolute essential menu item.
Frank and I are BFF’s!
Frank is the perfect friend because he’s always there when I need him and disappears when I don’t. The ability to copy colors in multiple formats is just icing on the cake. If I could I would marry Frank.
Works with Photoshop Creative Cloud
This app is great. Works well with Remote Connections and Photoshop CC. Love it.