Incredible classics. Epic romances. Thrilling mysteries. Enjoy unlimited access to thousands of free audio books, anywhere!
The Free Audiobooks app has thousands of the best free audio books waiting for you. Turn anytime into reading time and listen to award-winning, critically acclaimed audio stories from thousands of authors. Devour more books than ever before with Free Audiobooks!
- Tackle your to-read list with our library of beloved classics, novels, short-stories, poems and more
- Check out our professionally narrated premium free content--we're more than just public domain!
- Download books directly to your device for offline listening, or stream to save space
- Browse our curated lists to help you find your next favorite free listen from our massive library
- Play and pause your book using our sleek, streamlined app
- Don't miss a word--our sleep timer lets you drift off without missing out
- Take your free audiobooks with you everywhere you go
- Search by author, title or narrator
- Enjoy Free Audiobooks!
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
For true book lovers!
I was excited to find works by one of my favorite authors, George MacDonald. I was even treated to a reading of my favorite story, ‘The Golden Key’, which has changed meaning many times since I first read it as a child. I suppose if you’re only a fan of whatever is being spoon-fed to the masses on the best seller list, you’ll be disappointed by the selection of classics. I challenge you to read something different for a change. Inspire yourself by exploring the works of the authors that inspired some of the world’s greatest authors. Open your mind and you won’t be disappointed!
So far I love the app. The stories may be older but there are so many to choose from that I bet you have plenty new-to-you to choose from.
Only thing I wish the app had is a way to set a bookmark and/or a sleep timer. I listen in bed and fall asleep only to awaken the next morning to a finished book. Not boring, just a sleepy listener! 🤪. Then I rewind but really have no idea when I fell asleep so I end up listening over and over.
Don't expect new books on a site that has books in the public domain. The selection is fine and the readers are good, too. You might have to restart once in a while, but it is free. Enjoy it.
If you want new books go spend a lot of money.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.