Many books you’ve missed, many books you want to read! FREE!
5,000 Audibooks available as a one time in-app-purchase!
Free Books app now becomes My Books!
This legendary app has got a brand NEW look and functionality! Easy-to-use and many new useful functions! But the very best is that we‘ve DOUBLED the number of books available!
Download any of our 51,305 ebooks including the world best known classics, and read with our fully featured eReader including dictionary. We’ve also added a lot of non-fiction content, so now you can use our app also for studying or just acquiring knowledge.
• 51,305 Free Books of various genres
• Download unlimited number of books and read also offline
• Create your own personal library and automatically sync between your devices
• Back up of your library within our server
• Rate books and write your own reviews for others to see
• 5,199 Audiobooks available for listening
• Always fresh featured content
• See your reading statistics
• Original covers & descriptions
• Read your own ebooks thanks to the Dropbox integration
and much more waiting for you...
That’s My Books, many books that you know, many books that you’ve missed, many books that you want to read!
Browse our handpicked collections and download & read as much as you wish completely for free.
Have your own ebooks? We have you covered, thanks to Dropbox integration and a fantastic ePUB reader. Just import your books and read anytime, anywhere.
Create your own personal library full of famous pieces and also your imported ebooks!
My Books app unlocks a world of public domain content, allowing you to acquire the great books of human history. Letters of leaders, the collected works of geniuses, the finest Victorian novels, the plays of Shakespeare, the philosophy of Seneca and Marcus Aurelius, the autobiographies of Benjamin Franklin and Andrew Carnegie. It's all here, along with tens of thousands of other books.
We could go on - beautiful high resolution covers, author pages, Night Mode reading, reading statistics - but that would just get away from the point. 51,305 of the greatest books in human history, accessible with the tap of your finger. Free.
Don't miss our newly added massive non-fiction content!
If you have any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com - that's what we're here for!
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve started to read three different classic books. When I’ve read three to five chapters the book is no longer available, when I return to continue. So, I open another book.
When I try to contact support I receive “403” or “404,” unavailable. Same with asking questions. “Unavailable.” For the past ten days to two weeks the phrase, ‘we are trying hard to ....’
Well, I don’t believe the app. will ever perform as designed. This is extremely disappointing, considering classic literature has provided so much enjoyment in the past. The lack of an explanation is mystifying. I would not recommend downloading or using this app. at this time.
I can only hope whatever problem exists will be solved. The loss of such treasures is truly disheartening.
Missing critical components
I’ve only had the app for a couple days and I was really happy about the “pay once” that was relatively cheap for all of the audio books. Having only gotten half way through one audio book, I’ve been REALLY frustrated by the facts that
- I can’t pause the audio and can only stop it by closing the app
- I can’t place book marks to save my place anywhere so I’m always shutting the app to talk for half a second then spending five minutes trying to find where I was
- when a chapter ends, the automatic continuation skips a chapter and I have not realized that before and missed big plot points by skipping entire chapters.
Even though those are the only things I’ve seen, they’re driving me crazy. I am NOT one to complain and be negative, but I really want this fixed. Why bother having a pause button if I can’t use it??
Astronomical Battery Drain from this App
My subway commute is a little over an hour, I’ve found that watching downloaded netflix movies, playing phone games during that hour will at most take 10-15%off my battery.
In comparison, an hour of this app for some reason - with cellular data, bluetooth and wifi turned off, and background apps closed - takes 50-60% of my battery life.
This is devastating because I enjoy reading, and back when this app was Freebooks, it didn’t seem to drain as much of my battery life.
60% of battery life in an HOUR?!
- Digital Press Publishing, s.r.o.
- 149.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2010 Digital Press Publishing, s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock 4,727 audiobooks $3.99
- Audiobooks $4.99
- AdFree $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.