Using AccelaStudy's intuitive flashcard-like approach on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, you can quickly expand your English vocabulary for graduate school exams, university entrance exams, professional advancement, or simply increased language proficiency. Many commonly tested vocabulary words from college and graduate school entrance exams are included with definitions, synonyms, and example sentences. Easily learn new terms with four different ways to study, including a powerful quiz feature which helps you test your progress and a spaced repetition mode which helps you memorize words in the shortest possible time.
Join over 6,000,000 people worldwide who have used AccelaStudy to master new vocabulary.
If you like the FREE Exam Vocabulary Builder by AccelaStudy®, accelerate your learning further by purchasing one of these Vocabulary Builder titles:
• GRE® and GMAT® Vocabulary Builder by AccelaStudy®
• SAT® and ACT® Vocabulary Builder by AccelaStudy®
• TOEFL® Vocabulary Builder by AccelaStudy®
AccelaStudy is even more powerful in the cloud! With a free AccelaStudy Cloud account you can:
• Sync all of your study sets and progress to all of your devices.
• Add new devices at any time. Install AccelaStudy on your new device, sign into your AccelaStudy Cloud account, and your data will automatically be restored to that new device!
• Study online or offline. AccelaStudy syncs immediately while online and any offline data is synced automatically when you go online again.
• Share AccelaStudy with family members and classmates. Signing out of AccelaStudy allows another user to sign in with their account while preserving all data in the cloud.
• FREE Exam Vocabulary Builder is fully functional with challenging words commonly found on many of the college and graduate school entrance exams
• Each word has 2 original, illustrative sentences to help you understand how each word is used in context
• SPACED REPETITION feature helps you quickly memorize new words
• Automatic STATISTICS help you track your learning progress
• SEARCH the entire vocabulary list to find a definition and easily scroll through all matching words
• ORGANIZE your words into an unlimited number of study sets
• Test yourself in QUIZ mode by matching a definition to one of several possible answers
• Quiz mode has Easy and Challenging levels
• Completely HANDS-FREE mode allows you to study English vocabulary while driving or jogging
• Words are grouped into and clearly identified as nouns, adjectives, and verbs
• Saves your progress between study sessions
Please refrain from sending your bug reports or feature requests using the App Store. Instead, to ensure a direct response from us send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also tweet us at http://twitter.com/renkaramedia. We’re always happy to help our users and receive their comments!
TOEFL and GRE are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service which neither supports nor endorses this application. GMAT is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admissions Council which neither supports nor endorses this application.
In version 3.6, we've introduced an entirely new sync engine which is faster, more reliable, and more energy-efficient. If you are one of our users with dozens of study sets and hundreds of hours of progress, this update is for you.
Sync backs up your data in the cloud, enables you to see your study sets and progress on more than one device, and allows AccelaStudy to be shared by multiple users on a single device. The new sync engine was over 4 years in the making and we have big plans for it in future releases.
As always, thank you for using AccelaStudy. We're honored that you include our application in your learning efforts.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a professor of literacy and I reviewed this app for possible use in adult basic literacy. The format of this is clean and appealing, which suits adult learning. I applaud that two examples of context are included. I could not figure out how to create a study set. Sound quality is excellent.
The problem, however, is that the limited word list is quite sophisticated for struggling learners. I would hope to find some choices in word lists in the future. Also, it is not logical to choose words for study based on parts of speech. People do not learn words that way. There is potential here, with some more development.
Free Exam Vocabulary Builder by AccellaStudy
I really like the presentation of the words. The word is first spoken with the correct pronunciation. Then you read the definition. Below that it gives you two sentances using the word in context. You can then repeat the pronunciation of the word. I love it, some words I knew, but didn't have the correct puncuation. about 10% of the words I did not know and I an avid reader and a college graduate. A good strong challenge. Use it to get ready for you SAT and ACT!
Hoping for more in next update
This is a nice app. My only disappointment is that the app doesn't allow users to add words and expand their study material. As I come across words in my day-to-day activities, it would be a huge plus to have the ability to add them to the app as a reminder to study them later. Maybe in the next update?
- Renkara Media Group, Inc.
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Renkara Media Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.