German Dictionary & Translator
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch (Freemium Version) - Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries - Phrase Translator - Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
* * * * * AWESOME!! I absolutely love this app. I am a second year german student and would be lost without it.
* * * * * “Wow! Perfect for learning the language and super easy to use!”
* * * * * “Great app! I use it almost everyday and it provides trustworthy translations.”
* * * * * “Just what I wanted. Even works offline, which is a big bonus. My other apps don't.”
* * * * * “Great English German Dictionary & Free. Has good 2-way dictionary for beginner and you can add your own comments to words.”
German Dictionary & Translator by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language translator, always ready to help. This Free version is a good starting point to learn a language. It includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes and images to dictionary entries. In-app purchase (IAP) extends dictionary usage examples and verb forms making VidaLingua the most comprehensive German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download it now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 628,000 offline entries (all usage examples with IAP).
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrase Translator with favorites and history (requires internet).
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,648 verbs (all verb forms with IAP).
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in dictionary translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Tags : Wörterbuch, Englisch, Deutsch, Übersetzung, Übersetzer, Phrasen, Konjugation, Verben
What's New in Version 6.2.72
Resubmitting subscription IAP for Apple review team
The number of words is fairly extensive, especially with the in-app purchase/extension. Occasionally, I do find words that it doesn't have though. Verb conjugation is quite good. Phrase book is ok, enough to get you around, but not for extended conversation. There is an option to add custom phrases though, and it is pretty good with the translation. The audio is digital voice from the web, not native speakers, so every once in a while you will get something that doesn't sound correct. Otherwise the audio is good. Offline audio is terrible and very fast, but it will work in a pinch. The quiz function quizzes the entire dictionary, so only good for advanced users.
I took one year of German in college. That was 57 years ago (I am 76 years old now). I've been using this app and Duolingo to practice/learn German for the past month and will continue to use it for at least another three weeks when I go to Germany. What a wonderful Dictionary! My only dislike is that the paid version costs 8 dollars. Too much! I would be more than happy to pay one and maybe even two dollars but eight dollars is over-the-top.
Great help for business travel
I regularly go to Germany for both business and pleasure and find this dictionary to be invaluable. The new offline capabilities are even better. Even though I am lucky to speak almost fluent German there are always words and phrases with which I need help. This is a "must have" item for my trips.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 21, 2014
- Version: 6.2.72
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extended Dictionary$4.99
- Extended Phrase Book$2.99
- Extended Verb Conjugator$2.99
- Premium Features (1-year Subscription)$4.99