Free Graphing Calculator
By William Jockusch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now over 4 million downloads. Thanks users!***
A powerful, flexible graphing calculator . . . and it's free!
Does far more than most of the paid calculators out there . . . let alone the free ones.
1) Scientific Calculator. Simple to grasp and easy to use, but powerful features are available when you need them. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to four equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Graph in polar coordinates.
• Graph parametric equations
• Can graph implicit functions, such as x^2+y^2-4=0. Most calculator apps can't do this!
3) A unit converter. With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for doing physics homework!
4) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for doing physics homework!
5) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
6) Help screens linked directly to many of the available functions and constants. Tap the disclosure arrow to see the definition.
7) Forgot the quadratic formula? Or the double-angle formulas for sine and cosine? The math/science reference hits the high points of various subjects. Currently includes algebra, differential and integral calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics.
8) Keep track of significant figures [AKA sig figs]
9) Statistics -- enter data and make a histogram, box and whisker plot, or scatter plot with optional regression line.
If you are viewing this in iTunes, you will see five iPhone screenshots and five iPad screenshots. But even ten shots don't come close to showing everything this calculator can do.
I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. You can write me at firstname.lastname@example.org -- but without the xyz. Thanks!
What's New in Version 7.6
added implicit functions and inequalities to free version
fixed some coin flip functions
YES! YES! YES!
I started with the free version of this calculator for college algebra. I cannot believe the graphic interface and the ease to which graphing happens. THANK YOU! The only draw bad I would mention is that most classes will not let you take your iPad into the testing area. But for homework, I can't express how easy this app is to get through those math problems in college.
I would love to be able to enter my "x=" value on the chart..... Consider this option please!
Most helpful and useful iPhone calculator ever. It can graph, solve equations, and do everything else a scientific can. Also contains tons of math information and constants and equations are ready to access for learning and review. Still had tons of useful stuff I haven't even tried.
Best calculator I've ever seen!
This app stunned me! I'm taking calculus, and own a ti84+ silver edition (a $100 top-of-the-line calculator). This app is way better, with the exception you can't program it yourself. And for free?!? Can't beat it. Even contains a brief explanation of algebra-and-above mathematical concepts of all kinds. Super impressed!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Jockusch
- © William Jockusch 2010-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove ads$0.99