Free Graphing Calculator
By William Jockusch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now over 4 million downloads. Thanks users!***
A powerful, flexible graphing calculator . . . and it's free!
Does far more than most of the paid calculators out there . . . let alone the free ones.
1) Scientific Calculator. Simple to grasp and easy to use, but powerful features are available when you need them. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to four equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Graph in polar coordinates.
• Graph parametric equations
• Can graph implicit functions, such as x^2+y^2-4=0. Most calculator apps can't do this!
3) A unit converter. With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for doing physics homework!
4) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for doing physics homework!
5) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
6) Help screens linked directly to many of the available functions and constants. Tap the disclosure arrow to see the definition.
7) Forgot the quadratic formula? Or the double-angle formulas for sine and cosine? The math/science reference hits the high points of various subjects. Currently includes algebra, differential and integral calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics.
8) Keep track of significant figures [AKA sig figs]
9) Statistics -- enter data and make a histogram, box and whisker plot, or scatter plot with optional regression line.
If you are viewing this in iTunes, you will see five iPhone screenshots and five iPad screenshots. But even ten shots don't come close to showing everything this calculator can do.
I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. You can write me at email@example.com -- but without the xyz. Thanks!
What's New in Version 8.2
info on Mac version under more, but not on calculator
minor reference fixes
Just a sliver from perfect
I currently have the free version and this app is worth 5 stars. It has helped me and has so many features for so many areas. I really wish I had this app last year, but I'm sure I'll put it to use this year. There is just one suggestion I have. I'm not sure how you can set it to convert decimals to fractions (or if it can) and if it doesn't that would be a nice feature to implement. Either way, great app
Fine scientific calculator
Very useful, with many options. I am running the free version on an iPhone rev 7, I cannot upgrade to ad free full version which requires iPhone rev 9. Tried to pay .99 for the ad free version, but it did not go through.
I love this calculator app and use it every day. Minimal ads and maximum usefulness. It's the best free calculator app I have used, simply super!
I like it so much I've just bought the paid version. Will review that one after I've given it a bit of use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 8.2
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Jockusch
- © William Jockusch 2010-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove ads$0.99