Italian English Dictionary + Freemium
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 Free Italian English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries - Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
* * * * * “I downloaded a number of apps to help me learn and translate Italian. This was the one I ended up relying on.”
* * * * * “Super fun and easy. Useful, versatile, convenient, thorough, and mobile...what more can you ask for?”
* * * * * “Fantastic! Great app & easy to use. Offline feature crucial & distinctive from other translate apps.”
* * * * * “Student. Very helpful for homework, like this app!”
* * * * * “Superb. I have many paid language apps and this one trumps all. Verb tables, notes and best of all, searchable dictionary. Love to see the paid version.”
Italian English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language translator, always ready to help. This Free version is a good starting point to learn a language. It includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes and images to dictionary entries. In-app purchases extend the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive Italian English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download it now and start learning Italian or English today!
- Italian English Dictionary with over 91,000 offline entries, over 729,000 with IAP.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Italian nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 1,537 Italian & English verbs or 6,658 verbs with IAP.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Italian & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Italian or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Tags : dizionario, inglesi, italiano, traduzione, traduttore, frasi, frasario, coniugazione, verbi, gratuite
What's New in Version 6.1.65
- Added online images to dictionary. If image is available, an icon will appear. Tap icon to display image (requires wifi).
- Doubled number of dictionary entries in free version. Five times more in paid versions.
- Implemented offline pronunciation in addition to higher quality online TTS when available.
- Added Voice Setting for pronunciation with US, UK and Australian accents. Tap speaker icon to select.
- Implemented Voice Setting to choose pronunciation speed (Slower, Normal, Faster).
- Improved voice management so voices are audible even if the ringer is turned off.
- Implemented "Suggest Improvement" link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Improved online lookup in Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other sources for words not found on device (IAP). Tap globe icon in search field.
- Improved typography for fonts and letter effects in iOS7.
- Added subtle paper texture as background for dictionary pages.
- Extended pronunciation to tenses, verb forms and words in translation entries.
- Added Translate button to verb conjugation screen.
- Enhanced support for iPad including split screen layout.
- Improved flags icons, app icons, launch images and phrasebook category icons.
- Added part of speech to headwords in dictionary lookup list.
- Enhanced user interface by moving dictionary attachments (notes, images, audio clips) to single menu. Tap Paperclip icon at top of screen.
- Improved dictionary page layout on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Added Facebook sharing of dictionary entries.
- Fixed iPad landscape layout issues.
- Fixed pronunciation issue which caused voice to turn off on iPad 2.
- Disabled autocorrect in search field.
I love this App! Made our lives easy in Italy
This Italian English Dictionary was the perfect thing. When my wife and I went to Florence we lived by it. The phrases tool is really nice to have. From simple directions, to ordering, hotels and greetings and live pronunciation we actually started to fit in:) The quizzes are easy to use as well. We had a lot of fun on the train learning our Italia. A must have app.
I studied Italian for three years and I used this app a lot for my assignments. It's really comprehensive and even gives you translations based on category when a word has multiple meanings. The conjugation tool is also really convenient. I am working in Italy this summer and this app has been invaluable!
Helpful and complete
This app is so useful to a beginning student. It not only gives a simple definition, but also gives the many idiomatic ways words are used in everyday language. Complete conjugation tables as well as the ability to hear the word spoken are added bonuses. It is a rare occasion when I cannot find a word I need.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 19, 2014
- Version: 6.1.65
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extended Dictionary$4.99
- Extended Phrase Book$2.99
- Extended Verb Conjugator$2.99