Freedom Summer and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is an interactive learning module based on the Civil Rights Movement and civil rights legislation.
In Freedom Summer...
• Players discover how events of the Civil Rights Movement and concurrent events in Congress impacted each other and the role that both Congress and individuals play in representative democracy.
• Players are presented with a series of 20 historic events and are required to predict the consequences of each event.
• Players learn about the individuals and officials that played pivotal roles in the Civil Rights Movement and the contentious Congressional battle that led to the creation of the Civil Rights Act.
Freedom Summer includes...
• Biographies of 20 individuals that supported and opposed civil rights legislation.
• Further Exploration notes to help place events in their historical context.
• A photo Gallery of more than 80 primary source images from the Library of Congress and other sources.
• The Intro/Outro slideshows are skippable with a hidden button in the top right corner of the screen.
• The close button on event cards now closes the card after it is correct.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.