FreedomPop Free Voice and Text
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**This application requires iOS 7 and above.**
FreedomPop is the free calling, free texting, free sms app that allows free phone calling to anyone, anywhere and even gives you a free real US phone number. Free talk and free text to anyone in the US and anyone in the world using FreedomPop. Download our free voice and free text app and get a free local US phone number to chat, make free phone calls and send free text messages. Voice calling, text messaging and sms works great over Wi-Fi and over your existing 4G/3G network on any smart phone and tablet. Turn your iPad, iPad Mini and any iOS device into a phone for free with free voice calls, free text messages and free sms and chat with your friend anywhere.
FreedomPop free call, free text, free sms, free phone number and free international calls to help you save money:
- Free calling app with free phone calls to anyone in the US and anyone in the world with FreedomPop app
- Free texting app with free messages to any US mobile number
- Free US phone number to take with you anywhere
- Free SMS app to stay connected with app and non app users alike
- Free international phone calls to up to 50 different countries around the world
- Use Freedompop as a free second phone line
- Make free voice calls and send free texts anywhere over Wi-Fi
- Try our Free Basic Plan (includes 500 Texts, 200 Mins -- 100% Free for life!)
- Turn your iPad, iPad Mini, or any iOS device into a phone. Make free phone calls and send free text messages to anyone.
- Free Wi-Fi texting and voice calling
- Free texting and voice calling back to the US when traveling abroad
- Save tons of money on your mobile plan with free texting and free voice calls
- Make HD-quality phone calls on Wi-Fi. Also works over 3G and 4G connections
- No up-front costs, contracts, or hidden fees
- No advertisements
- No spam
- We don’t share your number with any third parties
For free International calls, existing user can log in FreedomPop.com, choose My account -> International, or go to http://www.freedompop.com/acct_international_plans.htm
What's New in Version 1.23
- Improved Registration Process
- Allow user to answer incoming calls directly from the push notification
- Fixed missed call not showing in call log
- Revamped settings page designs with more options
- Fixed SMS showing as empty bubbles from certain carriers
- Minor iOS 7 compatibility bug fixes
- Minor iOS 8 bug fixes and UI updates
Cheap excellent alternative
This version has a few bugs. At least for me. When I get a text I have to give close the app and reopen it to actually see the new text. Other than that it works fine. ---- I have been using freedom pop for a few years now with their wifi. I recently switched to their phone service and gave verizon the boot. I ported my phone number and am saving a ton of money. While their phone program is still in beta phase, I decided to make them and this app my main phone. They listen well to suggestions and have great customer support. I recommend this to anyone using and device that this app can run on. While their is still some bugs in this app to me it's working 99% when i need it and the other 1% I just restart the app. It's coming along smoothly. Great job freedompop. I will be a customer for more years to come.
Great but with a few bugs
This is an incredibly cheap way to have a phone and for the most part has been pretty reliable and works as good as sprints networks do. This is probably not the best choice if you burn through data though. I mainly use my iPads network when on the go to avoid data overage costs.
There are a few hidden fees if you go for the free service option so be careful and do some research online. Personally I chose to prepay for two years of the unlimited text/talk option with minimal data.
You can bring your own device and not buy from their website which I strongly recommend doing. you can get an iPhone 5 or S4 pretty cheap on Craigslist.
You get what you pay for, or maybe not
I wondered how I could get cell phone service so cheaply and after using their phone and service I now know that I really can’t. I wondered why the iPhone 5 that I received from them had a few scratches. I then searched the FreedomPop website and eventually discovered that the phones they provide are refurbished. Oh well, since I put the phone in a case, I could live with the scratches, if only the phone worked.
Unfortunately it doesn’t. First of all you discover that you have to make and receive calls through their app. The ringtone sounds like an old-fashioned phone and you can’t change it! When I get a call, the screen notification says to swipe, so I do. Only about 10% of the time do I even get the “Accept Call” or “Reject Call” screen. 90% of the time I just get the dialpad screen on their FreedomPop app and I can’t answer the call at all.
If all of that wasn’t bad enough, even though I was provided with a new number, people say that my caller ID shows me as someone calling from another county (maybe the previous owner?).
I’m glad that some people seem to be pleased with their phones and service but that hasn’t been the case for me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 08, 2015
- Version: 1.23
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Seller: FreedomPop
- © FreedomPop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.