FreedomPop Free Voice and Text
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**This application requires iOS 7 and above.**
FreedomPop is the free calling, free texting, free sms app that allows free phone calling to anyone, anywhere and even gives you a free real US phone number. Free talk and free text to anyone in the US and anyone in the world using FreedomPop. Download our free voice and free text app and get a free local US phone number to chat, make free phone calls and send free text messages. Voice calling, text messaging and sms works great over Wi-Fi and over your existing 4G/3G network on any smart phone and tablet. Turn your iPad, iPad Mini and any iOS device into a phone for free with free voice calls, free text messages and free sms and chat with your friend anywhere.
FreedomPop free call, free text, free sms, free phone number and free international calls to help you save money:
- Free calling app with free phone calls to anyone in the US and anyone in the world with FreedomPop app
- Free texting app with free messages to any US mobile number
- Free US phone number to take with you anywhere
- Free SMS app to stay connected with app and non app users alike
- Free international phone calls to up to 50 different countries around the world
- Use Freedompop as a free second phone line
- Make free voice calls and send free texts anywhere over Wi-Fi
- Try our Free Basic Plan (includes 500 Texts, 200 Mins -- 100% Free for life!)
- Turn your iPad, iPad Mini, or any iOS device into a phone. Make free phone calls and send free text messages to anyone.
- Free Wi-Fi texting and voice calling
- Free texting and voice calling back to the US when traveling abroad
- Save tons of money on your mobile plan with free texting and free voice calls
- Make HD-quality phone calls on Wi-Fi. Also works over 3G and 4G connections
- No up-front costs, contracts, or hidden fees
- No advertisements
- No spam
- We don’t share your number with any third parties
For free International calls, existing user can log in FreedomPop.com, choose My account -> International, or go to http://www.freedompop.com/acct_international_plans.htm
What's New in Version 1.22
- feature addition: Remodel of the text detail screen. Major overhaul of send/receive SMS screens with more compact view space
- bug fix: Requires user to log in while not necessary
- bug fix: After phone number is recycled, app not allowing user to choose a new phone number
- bug fix: SIP registration stuck on ‘registration in progress’
- bug fix: On iPhone 5, clicking the text icon in a contact will call the person instead of sending you to the text thread
- feature addition: iOS 7 and 8 push permission
- bug fix: No incoming SMS notifications sound
- Minor bug and UI fixes
This service needs to improve a lot
Well....the calls won't alway go through. The app wouldn't let me use it even after I updated. This got me so mad because I had an emergency and tried calling my mom and it would not work. Then the service wouldn't let me use facetime as a second option because there wasn't a connection. So I would fix the connection issue because not having calls go through is a scary ordeal in an emergency. Best part about this situation is that I kept trying even after I updated the app but it said I didn't update and then kept crashing. It freezes a lot. The service is awful even though it says I have a strong connection in my location. I can't see all incoming calls and outgoing calls. Is there even voice mail? Oh and when I try to answer calls, it freezes and crashes. But texts have gotten better. Oh and I tried to send them this feedback and it wouldn't let me. So that tells you a lot about this phone service.
Good Work, Freedompop!
Great job making this service as dependable as any other at extremely low rates. It's taken a while, but now we're here. I always get notifications on time, but don't listen to me! Keep working to get this system leading the world. People, give them a try. Free phone service is definitely worth a shot. This is the only company in the world doing this. If you live in a sprint strong area, this service is perfect.
I laugh when others pay thousands a year and my expenses are zero. Now that you have my trust, I May buy some additional features. And peeps, don't get intimidated by this. Freedompop has the lowest rates out there, even ignoring the free plan.
Great, not perfect
I've been using FreedomPop on my iPhone 5s for about a year now. I travel routinely between Canada and the US, and I find the app to be an invaluable tool to help me stay in touch with friends and family on both sides of the border. It works beautifully with strong Wi-Fi, and cellular.
As with any VoIP application, when using it on Wi-Fi the call quality can sometimes be less than perfect, but generally I've had very good experiences with it.
My only complaint, really, is that for some reason the notifications for new incoming text messages fail to appear on the lock screen. Call notifications appear as expected, but not incoming text. If they fixed that, this would be a five-star app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 27, 2015
- Version: 1.22
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Seller: FreedomPop
- © FreedomPop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.