FreedomPop Free Voice and Text
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**This application requires iOS 7 and above.**
FreedomPop is the free calling, free texting, free sms app that allows free phone calling to anyone, anywhere and even gives you a free real US phone number. Free talk and free text to anyone in the US and anyone in the world using FreedomPop. Download our free voice and free text app and get a free local US phone number to chat, make free phone calls and send free text messages. Voice calling, text messaging and sms works great over Wi-Fi and over your existing 4G/3G network on any smart phone and tablet. Turn your iPad, iPad Mini and any iOS device into a phone for free with free voice calls, free text messages and free sms and chat with your friend anywhere.
FreedomPop free call, free text, free sms, free phone number and free international calls to help you save money:
- Free calling app with free phone calls to anyone in the US and anyone in the world with FreedomPop app
- Free texting app with free messages to any US mobile number
- Free US phone number to take with you anywhere
- Free SMS app to stay connected with app and non app users alike
- Free international phone calls to up to 50 different countries around the world
- Use Freedompop as a free second phone line
- Make free voice calls and send free texts anywhere over Wi-Fi
- Try our Free Basic Plan (includes 500 Texts, 200 Mins -- 100% Free for life!)
- Turn your iPad, iPad Mini, or any iOS device into a phone. Make free phone calls and send free text messages to anyone.
- Free Wi-Fi texting and voice calling
- Free texting and voice calling back to the US when traveling abroad
- Save tons of money on your mobile plan with free texting and free voice calls
- Make HD-quality phone calls on Wi-Fi. Also works over 3G and 4G connections
- No up-front costs, contracts, or hidden fees
- No advertisements
- No spam
- We don’t share your number with any third parties
For free International calls, existing user can log in FreedomPop.com, choose My account -> International, or go to http://www.freedompop.com/acct_international_plans.htm
What's New in Version 1.23
- Improved Registration Process
- Allow user to answer incoming calls directly from the push notification
- Fixed missed call not showing in call log
- Revamped settings page designs with more options
- Fixed SMS showing as empty bubbles from certain carriers
- Minor iOS 7 compatibility bug fixes
- Minor iOS 8 bug fixes and UI updates
Cheap excellent alternative
This version has a few bugs. At least for me. When I get a text I have to give close the app and reopen it to actually see the new text. Other than that it works fine. ---- I have been using freedom pop for a few years now with their wifi. I recently switched to their phone service and gave verizon the boot. I ported my phone number and am saving a ton of money. While their phone program is still in beta phase, I decided to make them and this app my main phone. They listen well to suggestions and have great customer support. I recommend this to anyone using and device that this app can run on. While their is still some bugs in this app to me it's working 99% when i need it and the other 1% I just restart the app. It's coming along smoothly. Great job freedompop. I will be a customer for more years to come.
The best deal overall
The main problems it has are receiving picture mail and both incoming and outgoing voice calls. The voice call quality is very good with wifi on my wife and I's iPhone 4S phones but on cellular data it is all over the map. It can be very good with a little bit of an echo or it can be absolutely awful even in the middle of great reception. The unlimited everything plan is only $20 per phone at signup and like $23 afterward. It is worth it for me. You can add a wifi hotspot service for $4 more which seems very reliable and fast in our area. So it can potentially eliminate huge home internet bills.
I've had no problem with the quality of calls or any signal issues. So it's great on that point. My issue is that I've started noticing that I'm getting a LOT of telemarketing calls at the same time every morning around 10 am. I thought it was related to the number I had received, but a friend who joined is getting the same thing. Not only that but the refurbished phone they sent me was dirty and has an actual dent on the back of it, but at least I can cover it with a case. I've bought plenty of refurbished things and they always look like new, this phone didn't even come close. ***EDIT: WARNING. I have been doing research on FreedomPop and there are A BUNCH of hidden fees!! I'm canceling my service TONIGHT. DEFINITELY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 08, 2015
- Version: 1.23
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Seller: FreedomPop
- © FreedomPop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.