FreedomPop: Free Calling, Texting, & SMS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**This application requires iOS 7 and above.**
FreedomPop is the free calling, free texting, free SMS app that allows free phone calling to anyone, anywhere and even gives you a free real US, UK, or Spain phone number. Voice calling, text messaging and SMS works great over Wi-Fi and over your existing 4G/3G network on any smartphone and tablet. Turn your iPad, iPad Mini, and any iOS device into a phone for free with free voice calls, free text messages and free SMS and chat with your friend anywhere.
FreedomPop free call, free text, free SMS, free phone number and free international calls to help you save money:
- Free calling app with free phone calls to anyone in the US/UK/Spain and anyone in the world with FreedomPop app
- Free texting app with free messages to any US/UK/Spain mobile number
- Free US/UK/Spain phone number to take with you anywhere
- Free SMS app to stay connected with app and non-app users alike
- Free international phone calls to up to 50 different countries around the world
- Use Freedompop as a free second phone line
- Make free voice calls and send free texts anywhere over Wi-Fi
- Try our Free Basic Plan (includes 500 Texts, 200 Mins -- 100% Free for life!)
- Turn your iPad, iPad Mini, or any iOS device into a phone. Make free phone calls and send free text messages to anyone.
- Free Wi-Fi texting and voice calling
- Free texting and voice calling back to the US/UK when traveling abroad
- Save tons of money on your mobile plan with free texting and free voice calls
- Make HD-quality phone calls on Wi-Fi. Also, works over 3G and 4G connections
- No up-front costs, contracts, or hidden fees
- No advertisements
- No spam
- We don’t share your number with any third parties
What's New in Version 3.2
We frequently update our app. Please make sure you are on the latest version for the best experience.
You asked, we listened!
- Improved the login screen.
- Added onboarding walkthroughs to guide first-time users
- Fixed a bug affecting legacy iPhones
- Crushed some minor messaging bugs
You can check out our FAQs in the app or by visiting support.freedompop.com
We love to hear your feedback:
Best the App Has Been
I really like the new, more iOS style, look I've been asking for for quite a while now. The service itself has been pretty good for me over the past 2 years. Apparently not all my texts go though however I use a 3rd party texting app and use the data connection from FreedomPop to use it which is an easy fix. Calls aren't always the best, they can take a while to go though and aren't always clear, but again if that is an issue you can upgrade to the monthly premium voice service. There are still a few bugs from time to time with the app, sometimes things take a while to respond or the app randomly crashes but I'm rarely in the app since I most just use the data connection when I'm not around wifi to use apps I normally would in wifi. It would be nice if there was a way to select the built in iPhone ringtones instead of the app ones and also sometime I get a different FreedomPop ringtone that is different from the one I told it to use for an incoming call. Also it would be nice if the other old FreedomPop iOS app could be integrated into this app to review your selected plans and servers since that old had has been unsupported for years and hardly works. Aside from that the service has been working well for me and the app has slowly been improving over time.
Not Free but best value anywhere.
If you are looking for free, literally, this isn't for you. Free isn't just about money but also about effort, ease of use, etc.
For me, to have global access to voice and data is well worth the $20-30 per month that this service realistically costs. But that is still leaps and bounds cheaper than the $120 per month I was paying for AT+T or the $90 I was paying for T-mobile. Moreover this service is way better than those two.
BUT, it is not a "true put in the sim and you're done" service. It is different and takes patience and a little education to get up and running and to understand what you need to do differently to make it work for you.
That said, the service works very well and is crazy inexpensive but not free. There are lots of not required but recommended "charges" that you will need to add to get your service level up to the comparable service of AT+T or T-Mobile. But it will be $20-30 per month for way better coverage.
There truly is no free lunch, but this is an inexpensive smorgasbord of tasty features that will leave you full without emptying your wallet with empty promises.
i love the app but just one problem
When I tried to verify google voice but it didnt work so i did a test call and when i called my freedompop number using my home phone i didnt hear the dial tone on the home phone when I entered a number on freedompop may not seem like a big problem bit its not big just kind of important to be recognized sorry about my long review but can u fix this please
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 56.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: FreedomPop
- © FreedomPop
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.