* This app is currently not optimised for iPhones 5S, 5C, nor iPad Air. Please wait until the next update before purchasing Freestyle on these devices.
* In-app purchases now restored for iPhone 4S and earlier models and iPad 3 and earlier models. If you have previously had problems downloading a beat pack, please restore purchases. *
“Great! - This is makin me big well around my neighbourhood”
“This is my first app I ever bought and I loved it...”
“Amazing - Absolute must have app for all you rap lovers and lyricists, 5*”
Freestyle is a writing, recording and sharing mobile application for songwriters, MC’s and poets on the move. Be prepared whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Reengineered from the ground up, Freestyle records your vocal perfectly over the beat. Now with improved sharing features.
Never be lost for words with Freestyle's enhanced notepad containing Schirmer's Complete Rhyming Dictionary, an industry standard including over 96,000 rhymes.
Record your rhymes over a selection of exclusive beats included in the app, or Download the hottest beats from the labels you love. You can even record over tracks on your iPod. Share your recordings with the world by embedding them on any Social Media site, or emailing them to friends.
Get your ideas down fast. Craft the perfect rhyme. Show the world your skills. Or simply record a demo to work on when you’re back at the lab.
Visit our site now at www.freestyleapplication.com or to view more fantastic music Apps, visit www.musicroom.com/iphone
* This App requires iOS 4 for optimal performance *
Bug fixes for SoundCloud and social media.
Ratings and Reviews
Issue with app...
I like the idea of this app very much, however I found a problem with it. When I upload one of my own beats into the app and try to record over it, there is a delay on my vocals when I play it back. During my playback, my words are a few seconds late. This does not happen when I record over the beats that come with the app, only when I use beats from my phone. If there is an update to fix this, I would LOVE this app. Please help!
Simple, functional and resourceful
The notepad and dictionary work well with one-another and theres no lag in the recordings you create. What really is a big improvement from the original versions is the option you have to upload your own beats from your iPod - so your not stuck with the ones that are native with the app.
This is an awesome on-the-go app but the only problem I have with it is when you use music from your iPod, the recording is off with the music and you should be able to balance your vocals with the music like the beats that come with the app. Also when buying or restoring a instrumental pack, it hasn't downloaded at all, it keeps loading. Please fix
- 73.1 MB
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2010 Music Sales Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Xpansion Beats Pack $1.99
- Hooks & J oorBan Beat Pack $1.99
- Rodney P and the Buhdha Family Beat Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.