UNLIMITED free calls & texts to ALL real U.S. and Canada phone numbers. No trials, no hidden costs, absolutely FREE!
• Call any U.S. and Canada number for FREE with FreeTone – Save on cell minutes
• Get your own real U.S. or Canada phone number – Pick an area code you want
• Turn your iPad or iPod into a real phone – Make and receive calls for free
• Enjoy unlimited free SMS texting – Send messages, pictures & more
THE ONLY TRULY FREE CALLING APP
FreeTone offers you the ultimate high quality online calling experience as the only truly FREE calling and texting app available. Unlike other free phone apps, you do not need to earn or pay for calling credits. FreeTone uses VoIP technology to connect you with real phones. Simply dial any U.S. or Canada number and talk for free, landline and mobile.
NEW PHONE SERVICE THAT IS FREE & EASY TO USE
• FREE own private number for your iPhone, iPad and iPod
• FREE calls to all phone numbers in the US and Canada
• FREE texts (real SMS messages) to all US and Canada mobiles
• EASY to sign up using your email, Facebook or Google account
• EASY to access your account across all mobile devices
• EASY to invite your friends for free HD calls & video chat
• NEW intelligent & fresh design enhanced for iOS 10
• NEW option to unlock free international calling and texting
• NEW smart customization for voicemail and notification settings
CONNECT FREELY & REFUSE TO PAY
Contrary to similar apps, you do not have to pay anything or earn credits to call any U.S. or Canadian number, whether they use the same app as you do or not. Watch out for their fine print! FreeTone charges you nothing to make phone calls to US and Canada phones.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS & SHARE FAVORITE MOMENTS
Invite your friends to FreeTone to enjoy free Video Calls with them. Send and receive large pictures & videos from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to any device. Send messages and voice notes, share photos and videos with your contacts easily. Share your texts, photos and videos easily with your group of friends using group messaging.
WHAT OUR USERS SAY
“Finally!!!!” by kparham on January 16, 2017
“This app is really, truly, FREE!!! I've finally found an app I don't have to watch stupid ad videos just to call someone. I am able to contact my family and doctors and whoever I have to call! Ugh, thank you FreeTone!!!!”
We hope to see you soon!
In-App Subscription Details:
- Monthly subscription for premium features for US$4.99 and for Phone Numbers from $2.99
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then “Manage Subscriptions”
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
- Subject to FreeTone’s Terms and Conditions (http://go-text.me/assets/tc)
- For outbound calls to the US and Canada, calling is free with FreeTone
- Hawaii, Alaska and some other territories are not supported in the free bundle
- For inbound calls to your personal number, the first five hundred minutes are complimentary, with the ability to receive calls to your FreeTone number for a minimal extension fee
- Free calling to phone numbers in the US and Canada, both inbound and outbound, is only available to the US and Canada residents
Help us improve FreeTone: http://support.free-tone.com
New premium features:
- Export your messages and media from a conversation
- Lookup unknown phone numbers
- Pin your favorite discussions at the top of your inbox
- Multi-select discussions to mark them as read or delete them
And this update also fixes bugs and improves the performance of the app
Ratings and Reviews
When friends or family would tell me about an app that gives you a different number, and can be used by wifi, I never believed it. I needed tot all to someone over text, but did not want this person to have my real number, & now a days no one answers blocked calls. I was spectical but tried to use it anyway, and amazingly it works !! This an amazing app, is very convenient ! If I meet someone knew, & don’t want them to know my number just yet, I can use this app! Or people investigating a suspicious husband/or wife, again can use this app!! It’s sneaky. But love it!! It also can be used for people who can’t afford to sign a contract with Verizon, or sprint, I have my own cellphone carrier, so I have service and internet , but I think if I didn’t have money for a monthly cellphone bill, I think all I have to do is be on wifi and that’s it! Very happy I came across this app! Will use for years to come! Suggest it to anyone would needs something like this!!
Does what you think it will, saved me!
I was in need of an app quickly that worked almost identical to a normal cell phone, and I was lucky to come across this one! Not only are you able to make unlimited local calls, but you also receive a local phone number which you can use for inbound calls. Furthermore, there is an intuitive text messaging feature which works very well. I haven't tried the app with international, but if it works anywhere near the capacity of how local calls work it would be outstanding. There is a feature to get FREE credits for premium calls just from watching 60 second ad videos which is definitely worth it. Overall I give this app a 5 star bc it actually do s exactly what it says it will. Best of all, it's free! If you're going to complain about the ads, then you should be shot. Nothing in this world is truly free, and you are stupid if you think there is.
Thanks to the support team I was able to restore my account and credits. When this app works it’s great. Has all the features I need and better than most other similar apps I’ve tried. But as the title says (and remains) it’s been flaky and unreliable for me over the several years I’ve used it (since 2013). If it can work reliably for any length of time I’ll adjust my review again. For now I’ll add a star for the fix.
I’ve had this app (and it’s oddly confusing identical twin app TextMe) for several years now and it’s been a constant headache. Never kept such an unreliable app on my iPad and I would dump it if I had not invested money into credits and had so much history with the phone number. Their development team seem incapable of responding to iOS updates as every time Apple pushes out a major upgrade the app breaks.
To compound matters, their support staff are the most dim witted and clueless team on the planet. They can rarely sort problems out, and if they do it takes days of messaging back and forth. Hopeless. If only Skype did SMS. I’ve tried a few other text and call apps and they all seem pretty poor. After trying several some years ago I settled on FreeTone and boy do I regret it.
Do yourself a favour and stay well clear of this bag of fail
- TextMe, Inc.
- 154.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2018 TextMe, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 TextMe Credits $1.99
- Get 1 Month Access $3.99
- Premium Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.