Freeway Pro AS
By Softpress Systems Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create professional websites that look exactly the way you want, without writing any code. Whether you’re new to web design, a pro wanting to put sites together in a jiffy, or you and code simply don’t get along (it happens), Freeway Pro is the ideal solution for you.
Freeway Pro strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and power. The easy-to-use layout tools at its core let you design visually, and as fast as possible. Once you’re happy with your designs, the powerful code generator will convert your lovingly laid out pages into beautifully crafted, standards compliant code. Not only that, but Freeway Pro’s intelligent publishing will make sure only the changes you’ve made are uploaded.
You aren’t tied to using any particular layouts or templates, and you definitely don’t have to know any code to make changes. You are the designer. Freeway Pro puts you back in control of your designs.
You can design so quickly in Freeway Pro that making site prototypes takes minutes. And, because the code that’s generated is standards compliant, you can even hand them over to developers to finish off. The once painful task of editing sites also becomes a simple one in Freeway Pro, making you a happy designer and, more importantly, your clients happy customers.
So, if you are making a site for yourself, email newsletters for your business, or multiple sites for others, by using Freeway Pro you can make everything look the way you want in the time available – leaving you to get on with your life, your business, or the next site.
Freeway Pro is great for website design work, and doesn’t ask for a degree in coding first.
– MacFormat: 5 stars
If you're a graphic designer creating web sites, I recommend you check out Freeway Pro
– Photoshop User: 4.5 stars
[Freeway Pro is] well worth the money if you want to build websites, but are afraid of HTML
– Macworld UK: 4 stars
Freeway [Pro] offers a powerful, visual way to design for the web
– MacUser: 4 stars
With Freeway Pro you can:
• Create pixel-perfect layouts with Freeway's automatically generated, standards-compliant code
• Design and edit every aspect of your sites, email newsletters, and presentations without coding
• Output CSS-based layouts for flexible layouts, dynamic content, and precision positioning
• Drag and drop images and multimedia content right into your site
• Optimize images for the web without leaving Freeway
• Import professional graphic file types for automatic conversion to web-ready formats
• Save time by using Master Pages, automatic link and resource management, and global colors and styles
• Extend Freeway's functionality with any of the hundreds of plug-ins available
• Build fully customizable navigation menus
• Showcase your photos with animated slideshows and galleries
• Expand your reach with social media tools
• Get detailed information about how people are using your sites
• Make money through site advertising
• Easily allow visitors to search your site
• Improve your search engine rankings
• Upload using FTP or securely using FTPS/SFTP
• And much, much more...
To get more information, watch video tutorials, read the FAQs, subscribe to our newsletter and more head over to our website: www.softpress.com
For news and information follow @Softpress on Twitter, +Softpress on Google+, and www.facebook.com/Softpress on Facebook.
What's New in Version 5.6.6
- Trigger Actions such as Rollovers now work correctly when used on the same page as iFrames or Actions that generate iFrames
- The RSS Action Feed now encodes links containing ampersands correctly
- The Create Email Action no longer forces links to anchors within the same page to open in a new window
- The Simple Site Search now encodes URLs containing apostrophes correctly
- The "Text" field in the Twitter Button Action no longer clears itself between sessions
- Movies generated from the QuickTime Reference Movie Action now work properly on iOS5+
- The Paypal Button Action now includes the Donation ID when creating a Donation Button
- The Showcase Action correctly displays live previews of galleries whose filenames contain # characters
- Removed Yahoo! and Ask from the list of Search Engines in the Site Mapper Action
- Added support for more movie filetypes in the FLV Player Action
- Added some white-space between posts in the Blogger Posts Action
- Added support for more movie filetypes in the QuickTime Reference Movie Action
- The drawing of the toolbar icons in Mountain Lion reflects the colour of the css layout button state.
- Fixed a problem saving documents under Lion and Mountain Lion when Time Machine is used
Great except for one tricky problem
I’ve waited for 7 years to update my website myself. Did a bit of comparison shopping and bought Freeway pro. One thing you must know is there are easy programs with few options and much more involved programs that allow you to be very creative. This is not a simple five minute website creator. If you’re computer literate and you have about a week to learn this then you will be very happy. There are a couple of very good complete video tutorials on the web that help a lot. This is the tricky problem I ran into and spent many hours to figure out, if you’re text doesn’t fit in the box , delete the box and start over. It never functions correctly after an overflow. I’m sure they will fix it, but it caused me a lot of frustration. Other than that I really like it.
Leaves DreamWeaver in the dust!
This program is terrific, for designers. You can easily rotate graphics, overlay graphics, import PSD files… It's like page layout. Sure, there are things you have to master, like getting background images just right. But creating in a WYSIWYG environment, without coding, is great.
Now, I'm partnering with a relational database pal to bring some real guts to sites that used to be a struggle just to get up and running.
Oops, bought because I thought I could design a website with this. I am a graphic designer and not a website builder.
Like I said, errr, complicated. Not for the casual website designer.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 17, 2012
- Version: 5.6.6
- Size: 71.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Softpress Systems Ltd
- © Softpress
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later