French English Dictionary +
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - Offline Dictionary with over 727,000 Entries - Comprehensive Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
* * * * * “Best that I have found. This dictionary is very complete. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.”
* * * * * “I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.”
* * * * * “More than just a dictionary. The photo capability is perfect for visual learners like me. I definitely recommend it!”
* * * * * “Worth the money. Great app! Best French dictionary I could find in the appshop.”
* * * * * “Excellent. Very complete and easy to use. Being an offline tool is a key benefit.”
French English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language translator, always ready to help. It includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes and images to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download it now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 727,000 offline entries.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Universal app which can be installed on 5 iOS devices.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Tags : dictionnaire, anglais, français, traduction, traducteur, phrases, conjugaison, verbes
What's New in Version 6.2.71
- Added thousands of entries to dictionary including complete sentences in addition to compound forms.
- Included contemporary words like "selfie", "fracking" and "hashtag" that you won't find in other dictionaries.
- Improved availability of online images for numerous dictionary words. If online image is available an icon will appear beneath the Examples section.
- Integrated phrasebook with dictionary so phrases appear in the Examples sections of dictionary (premium versions).
- Localized user interface for French.
- Implemented alert if user taps word to hear pronunciation and speaker is turned off.
- Improved display of multi-line phrases added to My Phrases category of Phrasebook.
- Improved Suggest Improvement link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements.
If you like free updates, please review our app!
Fantastic app and great customer service!
I have had this app for at least 18 months and love it. I am learning French and it is my “go to” source for word meanings and conjugation. I attended language school in France last summer and impressed my fellow students with this wonderfully useful resource. When I returned from France, I must confess that I slacked off my French studies. When I opened it up a few days ago, I discovered that there was no sound. The pronunciation had been a key feature that I had relied on greatly. I emailed the company to ask about it, never dreaming that I would hear back. But I did in less than 24 hours! I was given a “fix” to get the French pronunciation until a final solution is found. I could not be happier. I am back at work on my French because I will be returning to France this fall!
Delightful app and great dev response
I have three Vidalingua apps and I love them all. I don't speak French, but I come across enough French words and phrases that I wanted a dictionary that would allow me to get around in those texts. Bonus points if I could find a dictionary that would pronounce the words for me so I could hear the words in my head in future. This one does the trick --and more. I can attach photos to dictionary entries, as well as audio clips and notes.
I love the fact that both languages appear together -- no need to swap languages to enter a word in one or the other languages.
I also love the ability to choose the version of audio pronunciation the user wants: Australian, UK, or US. Nifty!
In sum: great app that's easy to use and that has lovely features that are unexpected in an app - especially at this price.
Good for a dictionary 🇫🇷🇫🇷
I love this app; it has an extensive amount of vocabulary even without the upgrade. It offers great features like conjugation, pronunciation, and examples. It comes with common phrases as well which is awesome. HOWEVER there are some features that should be improved; you can't save or group any words to study for later, and the quiz feature is awful. It pulls random words that you can't select so there's no way to really prepare.
Overall this app is a great replacement for a dictionary but has the potential to be an even greater app if improved
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 13, 2014
- Version: 6.2.71
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.