French Word Wizard - French Talking Movable Alphabet and Spelling Tests
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
•French Version of Word Wizard app called "Speak ‘N Spell for the iPad Generation" by the New-York Times and awarded by Children's Technology Review
•App of the Week in France
Note that this is an immersive French app - no translation is provided except for menus.
French Word Wizard is a unique app that lets kids hear the sounds of french letters and words using a talking movable alphabet. Featuring advanced text to speech capabilities, the app can pronounce and spell-check an unlimited number of original french words.
French Word Wizard also provides spelling practice with a list of more than 1,400 questions and answers, and the best is that you can create your own spelling tests (perfect to quiz kids on their weekly words!)
The Talking Movable Alphabet comes with the following features and options:
• 3 voices
• Spell checker highlights unrecognized words
• French Phonics or letter name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• Read each word or all the words created as a sentence.
• Grid or free placement mode
• Voice Transformer (speed,tone) for added fun
• Cursive and block letters
• Uppercase or lowercase letters for block letters
• 2 backgrounds
• ...and even more options to fit your needs
Fun Spelling Activities
3 spelling activities of increasing difficulty are provided to adapt the activity to the spelling level of the child. You can use the built-in word lists or create your own.
1 - "Word Practice" displays the word to spell, and ask the child to spell it using the talking movable alphabet
2 - "Scrambled Letters" only displays the letters needed to build the word or sentence, and ask the child to reorder the letters.
3 - ”Spelling Quizzes” is a standard spelling test. However, the app won’t go to the next word until the child has correctly spelled the word, which is better to remember correct spelling.
• 215 built-in word lists of 10 words: Words for beginners, Dolch Words, 1000 most frequently Used Words, body parts,...
• Create custom Word Lists by entering custom words and sentences
• User Profiles and Detailed Spelling Test Reports
• Hints are available if kids do not know how to spell a word
• Colorful animations are displayed when a word is completed
• Once a quiz is completed, interactive animations are available as a reward
• Share Word Lists you’ve created
Please send your suggestions, comment or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are listening to our users to make our products even better.
What's New in Version 4.6
Fix an issue with iOS7
This app has helped my daughter a lot with learning and practicing French syllables. In addition, the ability to create word lists has helped her score high on every spelling test to date. Most importantly, this app helps me teach her how to pronounce words better. Prior to this app, I paid for a tutor two times a week. I can cut the tutor sessions in half now!!!
The only helpful suggestion I can add is the ability to add words to the word list via ones camera.
Due to the success I have been experiencing with this app, I bought Word Wizard in French and English too. Great job developers.
Please disregard my previous post regarding word error. Apparently the word we accidentally typed was not a good word. Ironically we were trying to type cornet. My daughter forgot to type the 'r'.
Not as advertised
French feature for word lists switched off and no way to switch back on
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 353 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: pierre abel
- © L'Escapadou 2011-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.