Fresh Air - Hyperlocal Weather & NOAA Radar Map
By Backcountry Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Graph the weather and see the weather for your calendar events. Use a 7 day scrollable minute-by-minute graph of temp, feels like, wind, precip, humidity, etc. It's easier to understand weather and it's beautiful.
(Weather data by forecast.io)
Venture Beat: Top 15 designed app of the year
Business Insider: "Fresh Air is my new favorite weather app for iPhone"
BGR: "Fresh Air is the app I use when I really want to check the weather."
GIZMODO.COM: "few weather apps are as nicely designed and useful as Fresh Air"
Fresh Air gives you a weather graph, notifications and calendar for your existing events. It is a beautiful and intuitive way to see the weather and immediately understand what it means for your plans. Weather, intimately personal to you.
(Weather data by forecast.io)
We convey 7 days of minute-by-minute weather in a beautiful minimalistic graph. We also show you the predicted weather for your calendar events with optional notification updates. Wondering if the concert will be rained out? How cold will your morning run be? Is your climbing session going to get lightning? Fresh Air makes it easy to find out.
Seamlessly part of your life, you’ll no longer have to remember to check the weather. We’re your cozy morning companion that will make your brain tingle.
• U.S. NOAA Weather radar map
• Beautiful and intuitive visualizations of temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity, sunrise, sunset, and more
• Seven day minute-by-minute interactive weather graph
• Severe weather warnings (storm warnings)!
• Calendar integration that simplifies your weather experience. Import your existing calendar entries to see the predicted weather for your events.
• Daily weather notifications for your current location.
• Schedule weather notifications for calendar events. If you have an upcoming weather-dependent event, Fresh Air will keep you updated on the conditions.
• An iOS8 Today Extension for quickly seeing weather and calendar information.
Weather data includes:
• Temperature, precipitation likelihood and amount, wind, humidity, sunrise/sunset times, “feels like”, cloud cover, snow accumulation and more
We provide outstanding support. We’re a small indie team, so every customer counts. We have an in-app tool for providing feedback and bug reports. We act on the feedback -- look through our reviews, you’ll see plenty of happy customers that had their feedback implemented.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
• Better Apple Watch support
• Various bug fixes
I have tried a lot of weather apps so far and this is by far the best one I've tried yet the only complaint I have about this app is that you have to purchase the radar section of it, other than that I find it to be very accurate even on the long range forecast which is quite unusual. I have found it to be very pleasing and almost fun to use but personally I think if you're going to have a free app the whole thing should be free or the whole thing should be purchased not half-and-half. If you were going to make it an app that were to be purchased as a whole I would suggest a two or three week trial period for free after witch you would have the option to purchase or decline. I think the product that you offer would be purchased by most that had a chance to try it and see how well it works for themselves. In conclusion I would've given it five stars had it not been for the having to purchase the radar section in but overall I think it's a great app keep up the good work
Elegant UI, broken Today widget in iOS 10
Fresh Air provides a simple, graceful UI for horizontally scrolling through charts representing the predicted changes in the temperature, wind, precipitation, humidity, and cloud cover. Its clean, semi-minimalist design sets it apart in a field of cluttered, incoherent weather apps. It's great for visual learners like myself. So far its forecasts have been very accurate for me. My main regret is that the app's Today widget has apparently not been updated to work properly with iOS 10's Notification Center, so its layout gets all screwed up there (white text illegibly superimposed on a near-white background, and partially hidden numbers that can't be unhidden because there's no option to expand the widget to full size, at least in iOS 10 on an iPhone 6s). I'd like to make Fresh Air my main weather app, but I'm accustomed to glancing at the Today screen several times a day to quickly see the forecast and then clicking through to the app if I want more details. So until the widget works correctly again, I guess I'll stick with BeWeather or WU Weather.
Elegant and useful
Beautifully designed re both appearance and functionality, everything one needs to know to be prepared for any day's meteorological vagaries. The weather radar option is great.
Two very minor niggles:
1. It took me a while to figure out that tapping area for today at the bottom left of screen returns you to "now" time-of-day. However, while there are vertical lines to mark each midnight, sunrise & sunset during the period displayed, once you scroll forwards or backwards in time and leave the present time-of-day location in which the app opens, there is no active permanent reference for "now" other than to look at the numeric time displayed just above the temperature profile—some sort of vertical line (say marked "Now"?) would be nice.
2. A vertical line cursor that moved along with the displayed time and day would be nice.
But all in all a great app!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 03, 2016
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 82.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Backcountry Studios LLC
- © 2016 Backcountry Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases