Freshwater Fishing Guide
By Kevin Kozan
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A quick reference guide to freshwater fishing.
• *NEW* Share and discover local fishing spots (iPhone only).
• Add your own notes to each fish.
• Learn about the most common freshwater fish in North America - where to find them, what bait to use, and tips for catching them.
• Learn about the types of lures and bait most often used to catch freshwater fish.
• Illustrations or images for every fish, lure and type of bait.
• Intended for beginner fishermen.
• Free future upgrades with more features and updated fishing information.
Note: this app does not cover fly fishing or regulatory information.
What's New in Version 3.0
- Share and discover local fishing spots (iPhone only).
- Updated for iOS 7.
- Updated fishing information.
Could be good but needs a lot of work
The information provided in the app is pretty novice , it needs major expansions in the fish and lure section. There's better fishing apps out there for free when it comes to what bait , tackle, lures to use in what conditions. The fish guide is lacking. The only thing that could be great is the fishing spot locator map if there was more users contributing to the app. This should be a free app it definitely doesn't have the features a pay app needs.
Very helpful little guide
This app has all of the fish you would find in a pond, river, lake, or creek in the U.S. and includes info on how to catch them, when to catch them, and what to catch them with. Totally worth the 99 cents and a great perk for anyone to have while fishing.
Does NOT respect settings for using GPS!!
This app asks you if it can use your GPS when not running (what for???) as well as when you are. BUT, it does NOT look at the setting in the OS to see if it should - if you answer No at the start your GPS/fishing spot location is dead and you have to uninstall to get it to ask again.
On the other hand, if you turn it off in settings, run the app and it still uses it (IOS should block that, but doesn't)
There seems to only be 2 fishing spots in North Texas, so that isn't useful to me either.
The info about the fish is nice.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Aug 13, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Kozan
- © 2013 Kevin Kozan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.