Fretboard Hero is a game that improves your guitar skills. This application was created in collaboration with professional guitarists in order to help people memorize notes on a guitar's fretboard. Before the clock runs out guess the correct note and earn higher scores and higher skills. The more points you get the cooler the guitars you unlock and don't forget to test your skills in the real world ! What are we talking about?
Why should you know the notes on your fretboard ?
Here are a few reasons why:
1. Understand the music your are playing - learning the notes increases your insight into music, making it easier to recreate and compose songs.
2. Increase your improvising skills - familiarize yourself with all the notes and have them always at your fingertips
3. Speak the same language as musicians - notes (like words) allow you to write music and communicate with your fellow bandmates
4. Read sheet music more easily - reading and playing standard notation becomes much easier when you know notes location on a fretboard
5. Take more out of music theory - knowing notes makes music theory concepts much more applicable
6. Transpose songs, riffs and solos to other parts of the fretboard - play them all over the fretboard and find out where they sound best
7. Build a foundation for ear training - by playing Guitar Notes, slowly but surely you will improve you ear and help to make a connection between what you hear and what you see
Besides all these benefits, here is what makes our game unique:
+adaptive learning curve
+increasingly diffucult gameplay
+precise and detailed statistics on reaction times
+high quality unlockable content
+ability to share results via email, facebook and twitter
+high quality sounds
+more features coming soon!
Fretboatd Hero featured on "Best guitar apps" list !!!
+Reinvented gameplay mechanics
+Cool new guitar to unlock
+Thrilling highscore animation
+Awesome intro music
+Upgrade to Unity 5.3.4
Ratings and Reviews
Needs much work but effective!
I really want to give this 5 stars but it has some obvious bugs and the developer only updates like once a year. Too bad, there is some real potential here. Some notes don’t sound, D and C sometimes, check that out. Also what’s really frustrating is I’ll be up to 180 correct or so and the last tap maybe was doubled tap and the app registers that as a wrong answer for the next note, rrrr.... also the note you tap aren’t laid out far enough, it’s easy to mistakenly tap a wrong answer. It really needs a refresh for a paid app BUT it’s very effect and I like the high score feature it helps with motivation so that’s worth 3 stars, but minus 2 stars for bad interface and minor bugs and low engagement on the developer. Will 5 star this once/if improvements are made.
Just learning basic music theory and this app has been a great supplement.
I have very little issue in charting the notes on a piece of paper and this app has been so helpful in testing my ability to locate the notes on the fretboard. I really like how it shows all the notes that you went through right after you are done or in my case when I selected the incorrect note.
It’s fairly addictive so a few days in and I can tell that this is an app that I will continue to use and eventually reference back to during my time playing the guitar
Fun, effective fretboard learning
Great help for learning your notes, and the game aspect keeps it interesting and challenging. 4 stars only because it won't rotate when you flip it over, which is annoying for charging reasons. And also why in the world is the only music it plays on this guitar fretboard app from a banjo?
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.