Fretboard Hero - learn guitar notes and memorize fretboard
By Marcin Sewastianowicz
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Fretboard Hero is a game that improves your guitar skills. This application was created in collaboration with professional guitarists in order to help people memorize notes on a guitar's fretboard. Before the clock runs out guess the correct note and earn higher scores and higher skills. The more points you get the cooler the guitars you unlock and don't forget to test your skills in the real world ! What are we talking about?
Why should you know the notes on your fretboard ?
Here are a few reasons why:
1. Understand the music your are playing - learning the notes increases your insight into music, making it easier to recreate and compose songs.
2. Increase your improvising skills - familiarize yourself with all the notes and have them always at your fingertips
3. Speak the same language as musicians - notes (like words) allow you to write music and communicate with your fellow bandmates
4. Read sheet music more easily - reading and playing standard notation becomes much easier when you know notes location on a fretboard
5. Take more out of music theory - knowing notes makes music theory concepts much more applicable
6. Transpose songs, riffs and solos to other parts of the fretboard - play them all over the fretboard and find out where they sound best
7. Build a foundation for ear training - by playing Guitar Notes, slowly but surely you will improve you ear and help to make a connection between what you hear and what you see
Besides all these benefits, here is what makes our game unique:
+adaptive learning curve
+increasingly diffucult gameplay
+precise and detailed statistics on reaction times
+high quality unlockable content
+ability to share results via email, facebook and twitter
+high quality sounds
+more features coming soon!
What's New in Version 2.4
Fretboatd Hero featured on "Best guitar apps" list !!!
+Reinvented gameplay mechanics
+Cool new guitar to unlock
+Thrilling highscore animation
+Awesome intro music
+Upgrade to Unity 5.3.4
Fun, effective fretboard learning
Great help for learning your notes, and the game aspect keeps it interesting and challenging. 4 stars only because it won't rotate when you flip it over, which is annoying for charging reasons. And also why in the world is the only music it plays on this guitar fretboard app from a banjo?
It's early since I downloaded. I think it'll help me memorize quite a bit. I wish the app would incorporate a few more types of challenges. It seems like there is only one way to do it. Also, it'd be easy and helpful to include a few articles on fretboard theory.
10 min a day!
Quickly getting to know my fretboard while associating notes with pitch. Only giving 4 stars because the music that it plays when you are at the app's home screen is annoying.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 16, 2016
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 148 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marcin Sewastianowicz
- © 2015 Marcin Sewastianowicz
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.