Fretello is a simple and fun way to learn guitar. Master different playing techniques, jam to 20,000+ songs, exercises and backing tracks, and receive instant personalised feedback every time you pick up your guitar.
• Learn to play the songs you love.
• Unlock 15,000+ guitar exercises and practice sessions, each one designed specifically for you.
• Jam to 5,000+ backing tracks covering pop, rock, blues, acoustic and heavy metal.
• Receive instant, personalised feedback every time you play – powered by our unique artificial intelligence technology.
• Master different playing styles and techniques, including legato, alternate picking and economy picking.
• Improve your timing and tempo with our all-new Rhythm Trainer.
• Track your progress and sync your guitar journey across multiple devices.
FRETELLO LEARNS WITH YOU
Practice 20 minutes a day, three times a week, and you’ll be playing riffs, licks and solos in just a few short months.
GUITAR LESSONS FOR BEGINNERS AND PROS
You don’t need to read music to learn guitar with Fretello – our app teaches beginners using simple tabs and chord patterns so you can pick up the basics quickly. Advanced players benefit from individual practice sessions and exercises designed specifically for them.
LEARN THE SONGS YOU LOVE
Our new Song Trainer teaches you to play. Each song is broken down into short sections to make learning easier. Once you’ve mastered each sequence, you’ll stitch them together to play the full song.
15,000+ PRACTICE SESSIONS
With more than 15,000 exercises to choose from, Fretello lets you learn guitar at your own pace with simple, personalised, step-by-step practice sessions.
5,000+ BACKING TRACKS
Once you’ve mastered the basics in your easy-to-follow practice routines, use everything you’ve learned to jam along to more than 5,000 pop, rock, blues, acoustic and heavy metal backing tracks
MASTER DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES
Fretello teaches you different playing techniques – including legato, alternate picking and economy picking – so you can become the guitar player you’ve always wanted to be.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
The Fretello app is your own virtual guitar teacher, keeping track of every practice session, exercise and achievement. We’ll be right there with you on your journey from beginner to pro!
Should you choose to continue practising after two free practice sheets a subscription is required. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription is £ 7.99 per month or £ 74.99 per year. (Price and currency will vary by location.) Your subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Here’s what you can do with the latest Fretello release for iOS 12:
• Use voice-activated Siri shortcuts that help you quickly return to practice sessions or jamming to your favourite songs.
• Log in or sign up to Fretello more quickly and securely, thanks to the new autofill option at the password stage.
• Learn to play your favourite songs by your favourite artists, thanks to a whole bunch of new improvements to our exciting new Song Trainer feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Known from 2 minutes 2 million
Don't pay attention to negative reviews!
First of all, thanks to the developers for putting this app together, not to mention for FREE!! I'd like to say that guitar playing, like any other artistic skill, is a result of the effort and passion that you put into learning it. I've read some of the negative reviews and comments and I'm certain that a majority of the people who have left them are looking for miracle app that will magically allow them to suddenly be able to play the latest boy band hit or Taylor Swift song and this app isn't going to do that for it's users. That being said, I've been wanting to find an app to help me structure my valuable practice time to help me carry my guitar playing skills to the next level and I believe I have found it in this app. To the developers: Thanks again and ignore all of the haters/posers!!
thank you very much for your kind words. We're constantly listening to our users and try to create provide you with the best experience for high-quality and comprehensive music education. If you have any feedback or things you want us to look into, please feel free to write us an email.
Very Good Coach
Note: Please don't think too highly of yourself when you plan to input your expertise level. Otherwise, you'll just end up hating the app because it's suggesting stuff that's too hard for you to pull off because of the input you made. A little modesty goes a long way.
I've tried a good few of these guitar coach apps but this one seems to work out the best for me. I'm an intermediate and the second I put in my level it immediately showed stuff that I have been willing to learn for quite some time now. My only problem was that I needed a structured schedule and this app provided one for me. No fuss, metronome included, good exercises, great open-ended jam tracks, and all-round greatness.
Unlimited practice sheets & backing tracks
Unlimited practice sheets & backing tracks
- Pocket Lifestyle IT Solutions GmbH
- 75.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pocket Lifestyle 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $9.99
- Annual Subscription $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.