The Frick Collection is housed in the former home of Gilded Age industrialist Henry Clay Frick (1849–1919). One of the great collectors of his time, Frick filled his Fifth Avenue mansion with masterpieces of Western painting, sculpture, and decorative arts, all of which became accessible to the public in 1935, when the residence became a museum.
Download The Frick Collection’s app for access to information on more than 1,000 works of art in the museum’s collection. Save your favorite works to enjoy offline and share with friends and family.
The app allows you to:
▪ Use the interactive map to find works of art on display.
• Access detailed information on exhibitions and tours
▪ Search and browse the collection for art and artists.
▪ Plan your visit with the calendar of events and exhibitions.
▪ Listen to audio guides and videos about select works of art (in English) plus audio guides to the galleries (in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish)
• Create your own favorites list
NOTE: This app requires an Internet connection for most of its functions.
Development of this app was generously funded by Sandeep Mathrani in honor of Ayesha Bulchandani-Mathrani.
The app was developed by students of the Stevens Institute of Technology in collaboration with the Technology and Digital Media staff of The Frick Collection.
-Art objects now support 6 languages (audio and transcripts).
-Audio Keypad available on home screen.
-Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I wish there was a “play all” button so the user could simply sit back and enjoy the virtual tour but otherwise this is a perfect app and a tremendous service to art lovers everywhere. Thank you!
Great presentation of the Collection
Organized by gallery and artist, it allows you to browse through the Collection as well as see art works included in special exhibitions.
Great museum app
Wish all museums had such a comprehensive app. I downloaded it after my visit. I am enjoying it, but wish I had it before my visit.
- The Frick Collection
- 38.5 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © The Frick Collection
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.