By Friedrich Air Conditioning
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A program to control Friedrich Air Conditioning Kühl or Kühl+ units (2012 & 2013 models) remotely using an iPhone smartphone. Make temperature adjustments, change settings or turn the unit off and on whenever, wherever. Requires FriedrichLink Wi-Fi Adapter Accessory (sold separately) for wireless unit control.
Simplified controls are easy to use on the go. Never come home to a hot house again. And save energy and money by only cooling when it’s needed – even if you forget to change the temperature on the way out.
What's New in Version 0.4.1
Fixed issue where fan speed would not display when Kuhl unit compressor is running. Fan speed will now always show if the Kuhl unit is on.
The app and interface with units do work but the app needs to be updated and is seriously buggy
The app does work but basically you need to log out after use every time , log back in and close the app when it's unresponsive . Why ? Because its seriously buggy. I would recommend this only to people who understand buggy software or perhaps those people that grew up with early versions of Windows ( yes it's that bad ! ) The quality of the app doesn't match the Kuhl pricetag , seriously . At least it works sometimes . Please debug this app, and improve on the interface.
People who use this app needs to understand that it is not an instant remote control , the airconditoner uses the "fried rich network" as an intermediary when you're away from your home network .( almost the same way old blackberries used the blackberry network as a intermediary )
This could be better designed. A shame considering the actual ac works very well .
📵📵📵DO NOT BUY FRIEDRICH PRODUCTS📵📵📵
1. Needs update and Apple Watch app.
2. I paid a lot of money for this AC just for this reason, but the app is horrible. It doesn't feel like they used the iPhone APIs correctly. It doesn't respond well and there is a delay in input and changes to the AC. The AC should respond instantly to the app. And the app needs to feel like an iPhone app. I think it's basically just a web app in a shell. That MUST change and the designer of the current app must be fired.
3. Last night I wasn't home and tried turning on my AC and got an error message saying that the link had disconnected 5 minutes earlier??? What is that about? Completely unacceptable that I wouldn't be able to turn my AC on while not home. That is the reason I bought this air conditioner!
4. When you turn the AC on from the phone it needs to instantly turn on. The app is basically a remote and the AC needs to respond instantly to remote control.
5. Every time you open the app you must log in, which is insane!
6. Often when the AC is on the app says it's off. 😐😐😐
Until all this happens 1 star, and DO NOT BY a Friedrich AC as this app/link shows that their products are substandard/unreliable for the price you pay.
I wish I could get a refund.
📵📵📵DO NOT BUY FRIEDRICH PRODUCTS📵📵📵
Barely functional, very buggy-outdated in 2014 when it was last updated
This app appears to be just a web portal. It requires Landscape for operation and isn't reliable on an everyday usage scenario. Sometimes its works, sometimes it doesn't. The worst thing though is that the images on the Kuhl page on the web site imply a very different product, and its obvious that is just a promotional mockup intended to show you something better than reality. The iPad app uses the exact same controls with a lot more filler around them. All in all, this app was outdated since it was released, and is in major need of a new version. But since all those units are now out of warranty, why should Friedrich care?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 11, 2014
- Version: 0.4.1
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Friedrich Air Conditioning Co.
- © 2013 Friedrich Air Conditioning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.