Frogatto is a classic-style 2d adventure game, starring a certain quixotic frog. It's made by the same team that brought you Battle for Wesnoth, and features the same handcrafted love of high-end pixel art. Frogatto is a side-on "platformer" or "jump and run" game, where you lead our titular character on a humdrum errand that turns into a daring adventure.
Frogatto's key mechanic is an unusual twist; like any frog, he jumps, swims, and snags bugs with his tongue, but unlike any frog before him, can spit those bugs out with deadly force. Not merely an action game, frogatto is a full, classic adventure game, with characters to talk to, things to buy, puzzles to solve, and a wide, complex world to explore.
- grab enemies with your tongue and spit them to deal damage
- buy powerups to enhance and unlock new abilities
- arcade mode, giving instant access to action-only gameplay on randomized levels
- forgiving savegame/respawn system so you don't have to be afraid of losing progress
- playful dialogue writing that tries not to insult your intelligence
- massive soundtrack with over an hour of original music
- sprawling, complex world with over 50 levels to explore, and tons of secrets to find
To find out more about the game please visit http://www.frogatto.com/
- [3/4 SlideToPlay.com] "a fun and surprisingly deep platformer"
- [4/5 AppSpy.com] "boy-howdy is this an amazing visual feast!"
- [n/a TouchArcade.com] "totally worth checking out."
Translation selection dialog
Ratings and Reviews
The best retro platformer on the App Store
Everything is perfect. Visuals, gameplay and soundtrack. Lost Pixel has really put everything they have got into this little masterpiece. For any fan of classic platformers, this is a no-brainer.
Not bad, but...
Not bad, but where is full screen mode???
Best deal on the app store. Period.
It's 99 cents. Remember this point, it will come up later. Frogatto is a beautifully rendered retro platform, with absolutely beautiful artwork, and mood-setting music that reminds me a lot of Maplestory, except it's actually good. Also, it's not a mmo at all, just the aesthetic style is reminiscient, what with sweeping 16/32-bit vistas, etc... Anyway, it's absolutely beautiful, it plays like a kirby game but with slightly tighter controls, and now enemy powerups, just swallow/spit, but there are some cool things that manage to take that rather one-note mechanic and stretch it out. The character and enemy design is good, the level design is above average, the writing is surprisingly good, and also surprisingly existant, and I've already sunk about 2-3 hours into it and I believe I'm only about a third of the way through. AND IT'S 99 CENTS. There is no other game I know of on the app store, mac or iOS, that gives you that much bang for your buck, AND IT'S NOT EVEN ON SALE. This better get popular- it deserves it. GIVE THIS GAME A CHANCE. You know you've wasted a dollar on far shallower titles before - make up for those lost bucks with the amazing deal and fun times that is/are/whatever Frogatto! One small quibble that'll hopefully get patched - fullscreen please? Still, completely and totally worth it. Most satisfaction I've ever gotten from a dollar.
- Benjamin Anderman
- 247.4 MB
- English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2011 David White, Richard Kettering, Ben Anderman et al
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.