Our FREE App Makes It Simple To Grow Food!
- Grow 70+ Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruits
- Plant Seeds at the Right Time with Customized Dates Based on Your Location
- Avoid Pests & Diseases with Proven Companion Planting Strategies & Other Organic Growing Methods
- Build & Intelligently Plan Your Garden Space
- Identify & Eliminate Garden Pests with Natural Methods
- Attract & Encourage Beneficial Garden Insects Like Ladybugs & Butterflies
- Learn How We Grow Food For Our Family of 6 Through Videos and Blog Posts Right From Our Garden
We're Dale and Carrie Spoonemore, the creators of “From Seed to Spoon.” After transforming our lawn into a food farm, we have learned quite a bit about growing a sustainable food garden in our urban Oklahoman backyard. Now we’re here to help you along your own gardening journey by showing you what we learned!
We decided in spring of 2015 that we wanted to try growing most of the vegetables our family of six would eat. We started with a typical Oklahoma Bermuda grass lawn, and over the course of two years, we converted it into an urban backyard food farm. We spent nearly all of my free time over the course of those two years reading books, attending classes, and watching YouTube videos to learn all I could about gardening and growing food, and now our FREE mobile app combines everything we've learned into one easy to use app!
We remember how lost and overwhelmed we felt when we first started, and now we want to share what we’ve learned in hopes of helping others grow food for themselves as well! Growing your own food doesn't have to be difficult and we're here to help you grow food efficiently, economically, and sustainably!
We're really excited to bring you this update! You should notice a number of visual improvements throughout the app, as well as LOTS of new features and information! You can now also support our mission of improving the way food is grown by supporting us on Patreon! A monthly $1 donation from just 10% of our users would allow us to spend 100% of our time on building software that makes growing food simple!
- You can now view planting dates customized for your location on the plants list page!
- We've also added information for growing in the summer
- Added seed saving information to applicable plants
- Added "Can Be Planted Now" filter that shows you everything that can currently be planted where you live
- New Videos tab shows you videos from our Urban Oklahoma Food Farm
- Better support for users in tropical regions that never freeze. Better support for users in the southern hemisphere.
- Added the ability to choose your own location instead of using your GPS location
- Added Pests: Earwigs, Stinkbugs
- Added Plants: Apples, Artichokes, Brussel Sprouts, Rhubarb, Plums, Peaches
- Added Beneficial: Assassin bugs
- Updated nearly every pest or vegetable with new information
Thank you to everyone that's downloaded the app, told your friends about it, and left reviews in the App Store. We've been working hard on the new garden tracking features and love your feedback as we build it. You can join our live streams on our Facebook and YouTube pages to help us build it as we design the ultimate garden tracking solution!
Ratings and Reviews
I really like the new updates! The filters have made finding cool season plants so easy! the added information regarding generally safe planting dates and average last frost date for my area is helpful and easy to find. Great information and so user friendly, thank you for making the transition from Colorado planting dates to Oklahoma planting dates easy for us to adjust to!
Easiest garden app to navigate and full of useful info
Gardening app or app in general this app is very smooth and easy to navigate. The info is great for a beginner or even avid gardener with up to date and area specific data and info. Also a very great app to involve your kids! Great link placement and availability! For sure 5 star and can't wait to keep tuned in for updates and help starting our garden!!
My favorite gardening app!
This app helped me through my very first vegetable garden ever, and it was a great success! I love how simple, yet informative each description of every vegetable is. I can find just about everything I need to know on planting, growth, and harvest without having to sift through pages and pages of information. Overall a wonderful app! ❤️
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.