From Seed to Spoon Makes Growing Food Simple!
• Complete Growing Guides for 80+ Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruits!
• Filter Plants List Based on Their Associated Health Benefits
• Customized Dates Based on Your GPS Location to Ensure You're Planting at the Right Time
• View Varieties for Each Plant & Purchase Seeds / Transplants Directly from Burpee, One of the Most Trusted Names in Seeds
• Avoid Pests & Diseases with Proven Companion Planting Strategies & Other Organic Growing Methods
• Build & Intelligently Plan Your Garden Space
• Identify & Eliminate Garden Pests with Natural Methods
• Attract & Encourage Beneficial Garden Insects Like Ladybugs & Butterflies
• Learn How We Grow Food For Our Family of 6 Through Weekly Videos and Daily Blog Posts Right From Our Garden
We're Dale and Carrie Spoonemore, the creators of “From Seed to Spoon.” We decided in spring of 2015 that we wanted to try growing food for our family of 6. We started with a typical Oklahoma Bermuda grass lawn, and over the course of two years, we converted it into an urban backyard food farm. We spent nearly all of our free time over the course of those two years reading books, attending classes, and watching YouTube videos to learn all we could about gardening and growing food, and now our FREE mobile app combines everything we've learned into one easy to use app!
We remember how lost and overwhelmed we felt when we first started, and now we want to share what we’ve learned in hopes of helping others grow food for themselves as well! Growing your own food doesn't have to be difficult and we're here to help you grow food efficiently, economically, and sustainably!
This update adds several new fruits and vegetables into the app! We also made a number of cosmetic changes across the app that should improve the user experience. Lastly, we've added a number of new Burpee varieties and products for sale in the app!
New Plants: Apricot, Cherries, Currant, Gooseberries, Honeydew, Kiwi, Pomegranate, Shallots
New Pest: Scale
Ratings and Reviews
A Gardener’s Must-Have!
I have spent a lot of time and money trying to find the perfect app to accompany my home gardening planning along with my school garden planning. While other apps have plenty of information, I cannot speak highly enough about the organization, simplicity, and ease of this app. Instead of swiping between gardening apps & Google, I can stay right here for what I need. I can’t wait to use this site in my vlog & to get my students using it as well!
Founder of The Bullock Garden Project
Developer Response ,
Hi Sonya! The Bullock Garden Project looks amazing and I’m so inspired by what you are doing. Thank you so much for the kind words, and please reach out if I can ever do anything to help you all.
I really like the new updates! The filters have made finding cool season plants so easy! the added information regarding generally safe planting dates and average last frost date for my area is helpful and easy to find. Great information and so user friendly, thank you for making the transition from Colorado planting dates to Oklahoma planting dates easy for us to adjust to!
Easiest garden app to navigate and full of useful info
Gardening app or app in general this app is very smooth and easy to navigate. The info is great for a beginner or even avid gardener with up to date and area specific data and info. Also a very great app to involve your kids! Great link placement and availability! For sure 5 star and can't wait to keep tuned in for updates and help starting our garden!!
- Alan Spoonemore
- 124.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 From Seed to Spoon
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.