TV without the TV. Access your FiOS or Vantage TV services from Frontier on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Watch Live TV
Stream Live TV channels right on your mobile device!
See what's on now and on later through the TV programming guide.
Access the growing on-demand library of movies and shows.
Set in-app parental controls to limit the content your family members can access.
Look forward to accessing your DVR, TV Remote Control, Video On Demand, and more features coming soon!
Requires qualifying device, FiOS or Vantage TV plan, and a Wi-Fi or data connection. Content may vary by device, TV plan, and viewing location. Quality of picture varies by device and data connection. Data charges may apply. TV Everywhere.
- Fix important bugs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash when attempting to schedule a DVR series recording.
- Added ability to filter programs by category in "Watch Now" section
- Fixed UI bug that could cause the screen to freeze and become non-responsive
- New My Downloads section gives you quick access to your downloaded On Demand purchases
- Added Hallmark Movies & Mysteries live stream for subscribers in qualified packages (supports in-home and out-of-home streaming)
- DVR-to-Go(TM) feature enabled for FiOS Quantum TV subscribers in Indiana, Oregon, and Washington
- Added The Movie Channel live stream for subscribers in qualified packages (supports in-home and out-of-home streaming)
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later
Ratings and Reviews
Not as user friendly as Comcast/Xfinity app
I just moved to Florida from Illinois and switched from Comcast Xfinity to Frontier. This app, unlike the Comcast/Xfinity app I had in Illinois, crashes just about every time you scroll down to get to the channel you want. And the streaming quality isn’t that great as it will pause from time to time. I wish Comcast/Xfinity was more popular in Florida so that it would be more available here. Their app was far more superior, quicker, and much easier to use. And their internet service just randomly shuts down from time to time. But the problem is that the two most popular cable/internet companies right now in Florida are Frontier and Spectrum (which I also heard has below average internet quality). And my neighborhood in Tampa is only contracted with those two. If not for this, I would have rejoined Comcast/Xfinity in a heartbeat. Florida natives unfortunately don’t know what a true high quality internet provider is. I wish Comcast/Xfinity would take over here in Florida. I would tell anyone who asks to go with Comcast/Xfinity. They have a far more superior internet and app service.
App is completely useless outside of the home.
When it was Verizon I could watch 90% of the channels away from home. Now I can no longer do that. The same channels that were playable away from home with the Verizon Fios app are not playable with the FrontierTV app. How can it be licensing issues if those same channels were playable when it was Verizon. I have read through the reviews here and most of them complain about this same issue and the developers don’t even care to respond to any of the reviewers. It is obviously a known issue and they just don't care, are incompetent or even worse the company won’t provide the tools or resources to fix the issue. Its sad to see such a great product go to waste with such a large company. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, the smoke and mirrors 1:15 reverse stick split failed and the price per share is already back down to what it was before the gimmick was pulled. All it would take now is for the NASDAQ to unlist Frontier and it will officially be a penny stock...smh.
Very frustrating app. I've only been TRYING to use it for a couple of days, but so far, if I try to use any kind of navigation... like the forward or rewind buttons, or the timeline scroll bar at the top, it just locks up. After shutting it (the app) down and going through the startup/selection again, it "resumes" playback well before the spot where it froze, so I have to watch the whole thing over AGAIN. (I can't navigate forward to where I was cut off or it will just freeze again.)
It's also frustrating that I have to watch it on the portable devices small screen. I have an HDMI adaptor so I can view things on a larger screen, which works with pretty much everything but this app.
June update: Still TRYING to use this P.O.S., but STILL encountering the SAME problems. I KEEP getting bugged to rate it, so here I am again. Unfortunately "one star" is as low as it goes.
On another front, my wireless router no longer puts out enough power to cover my house. I used to be able to log in to the router and adjust the output power but Frontier apparently "upgraded" the firmware, so I no longer have that option. (And I no longer have usable internet in or around most of the house.)
- Frontier Communications Corporation
- 179.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Frontier Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.