By The Battery Project, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
FruitJuice is a new concept in Apple notebook battery health. Built exclusively for Apple notebook computers, it provides monitoring, notifications, daily battery recommendations, guided maintenance and diagnostics to ensure that you achieve the longest runtime and lifespan from your battery.
In order to prolong its life, Apple recommends using your notebook battery on a regular basis. If you’re not using it enough, then Apple recommends doing monthly maintenance on the battery to “keep the battery juices flowing.”* But how do you know if you’re using it enough? Is the way you’re using your battery shortening its life?
FruitJuice is here to help by demystifying the process. There is a lot of power packed into this menu bar application.
Complete Power History:
- FruitJuice keeps a detailed record of your battery charge and discharge activity.
- See how much time you spend on your machine and if it is on battery, charging or fully charged.
- See totals and percentages for any range of dates.
Active Guidance through Daily Recommendations:
- After a couple of days, FruitJuice will begin to make daily recommendations for the total amount of time to spend on battery to keep it in top condition.
- Recommendations are tailored to your usage patterns.
- Flexible menu bar configuration allows you to see as much or as little information as you wish.
- FruitJuice will suggest a Maintenance Cycle upon installation to establish a baseline.
- Notifications will let you know when to plug in or unplug your machine.
- Subsequent Maintenance Cycles will only be recommended only if your usage falls outside Apple's guidelines.
- Smarter battery management through configurable notifications.
You can see:
- Percent power remaining
- Battery time for today
- On battery target reached
- Maintenance required
- FruitJuice will suggest a Maintenance Cycle only if your usage necessitates it.
- Notifications to help you avoid the surprise of the "You are now running on reserve battery power" message.
Battery Health Information:
- FruitJuice shows you a realistic assessment of the overall condition of your battery.
- It combines the battery condition, age, factory capacity and lifespan numbers to give you real-time insight into the health of your battery.
* see Apple's Battery page (http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html)
What's New in Version 2.1.1
• Version 2.1.1:
- Fix cosmetic bug causing yellow warning area to show, especially when running with multiple monitors.
- Small adjustment to height and alignment of battery meter.
• Version 2.1:
- Major re-working of the look of the menu:
-- removed the FruitJuice icon in favor of battery meter.
-- additional configuration options to minimize the menu bar space taken by FruitJuice.
- Fixed bug preventing notifications from playing the notification sound.
- Mac OS 10.9 compatibility fixes.
Excellent battery monitoring and maintenance
I’ve been using FruitJuice since version 1, and it keeps getting better. The % and time notifications are great reminders of the state of the battery and to plug and unplug to maximize battery life.
The developers are very responsive and obviously care about the quality of the app.