By Brock Haymond
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FTP Browser is currently the only iPhone, iPod, or iPad ftp web browser available. Simple and easy to use, it looks and feels just like Safari while allowing you to browse any ftp server. From viewing pictures and streaming music, to emailing attachments and even saving files directly to your iPhone, it provides you with all the tools you need to get to the files you want.
* full-screen portrait or landscape viewing (tap the toolbar)
* auto full-screen in landscape mode
* streamlined, intelligent page rendering and formatting
* remembers your browsing path at logout or closing the app, making it easy to return right to where you left off
* ftp webpages are cached for much faster page loading and OFFLINE browsing
* just like firefox, you have sortable columns by file and directory, date, or size by ascending or descending order
* save any file to the iPhone itself to be viewed or emailed at a later time (up to ~160 MB for the 3GS)
* use your iPhone, iPod, or iPad like a USB drive - all files saved to your iPhone can be quickly and easily copied off onto your computer via iTunes file sharing
* real-time file downloading progress bar, download rate, and time remaining
* downloaded files page where you can open, email, rename, or delete downloaded files
* optimized downloaded file page for long file listings
* favorite ftp sites page for quick and easy access to and switching between frequently visited ftp sites
* included support for LAN addresses in the favorites page
* settings page for full customization! You can now set exactly how you want your browser to appear changing font size, type, colors, and more!
* quick-scroll sidebar for long lists
* path bar to keep track of your location, clicking it returns you to the root folder
* STREAM any music you want right to your iPhone (supported formats: mp3, wav)
* view iPhone compatible VIDEO (MPEG-4) from the downloaded files page (up to ~160 MB in size for the 3GS)
* view any picture in a full-screen photo viewer (supported formats: jpg, gif, tif, bmp, png, etc.)
* view any other iPhone compatible file right in the browser (text, html, pdf, doc, xls, numbers, pages, powerpoint, keynote, etc.)
* view .docx, .xslx, and any other Office 2007 formats from the downloaded file page
* email any file as an attachment
* nice quiet system sounds
* securely connect to any ftp server without disclosing confidential login information anywhere in your mobile safari browser
If you want a simple, easy, and secure way to surf any ftp server, FTP Browser is the app for you.
A good way to ensure this app will work with your server is to try connecting with Firefox. If Firefox can connect, then FTP Browser should. Check my FAQ support for more info.
What's New in Version 4.2
*Now fully compatible with iOS 5!
*Fixed several small bugs and UI issues.
*Updated copyright information.
*Increased timeout interval to 45 seconds as default.
*Updated copyright information.
*Improved help and information messages.
*With the changes to this version, you will want to delete and reinstall FTP Browser fresh.
Now in Version 4.0:
Totally refinished for the retina display! New excellent high-quality graphics and better performance than ever!
*New Retina graphics!
Does not work as advertised.
It won't connect, despite what it says in description and FAQ. Developer is unresponsive. A total waste of money.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 19, 2012
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brock Haymond
- © 2010-2012 Brock Haymond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.