This application is the most convenient way to keep track of your labor contractions. I created this application for use during my own wife's labor and have paid special attention to keeping the interface as clean and clutter free as possible.
You have to tap a single button to track the start and end of each of your contractions, and "Full Term" will take care of the rest. The application is designed to keep track of the times, durations and frequency of the entire labor period.
Your full labor history and contraction progress will be saved regardless of whether you restart the application during a contraction or restart the entire device. There is no need to keep this application open the whole time. Of course, you can also email your contraction history to a health care professional or for your records.
In addition, you get a full featured Fetal Kick counter and a handy pregnancy reference section that you can use to brush up your knowledge.
To summarize, some of the features are:
* Simple interface to track each contraction
* View your complete contraction history in chronological or reverse chronological order
* Edit your contractions in case you forget
* Manually enter contraction entries if needed
* Undo your contractions in case you make a mistake
* Setup Contraction Alerts based on the 5-1-1 rule or customize to suit your needs
* Track breaking of waters
* Add a note to any contraction
* Specify the intensity of each contraction
* Monitor your labor progression using the built-in graphs
* Apple Watch Support
* Full Featured Kick counter
* View your complete Kick count session history
* Setup Reminders to make sure you count kicks at the same time every day!
* Email Kick counting history
* Customize the session length or the number of kicks counted per session
* Edit your Kick counting session by deleting accidental entries
* Add a note to any Kick counting session
* Track your weight gain progress through your Pregnancy
* Enter Due date information to Weight Gain for Pregnancy Week
* Attach notes to each weight entry
* Setup reminders to take your weight at the same time each week
* Great reference section included to provide pregnancy information
* Backup your history to iCloud
* Resume timing your labor on another device connected to the same iCloud account
* Configure the duration to monitor and determine trends
* Email your contraction history to anyone
* Dark Theme Mode for use in low light conditions to decrease eye strain
- iPhone X support!
- Support for the new 10.5 and 12.9 inch iPads
- No longer hides contractions greater than 1 year old
- Multiple UI Updates and Bug fixes related to the Dark Theme
- Updates to new iOS frameworks to remove deprecated code
Ratings and Reviews
Best contraction timer app!
This was the perfect app to time my contractions. Easy to use, even during labor. Captured everything needed- duration and intensity. I liked being able to see the contraction history and averages and shared this with my doula and midwife to communicate progress before going to the hospital. Made it easy to see when it was time to go to the hospital. Best contraction timer app!
I am currently re-using the app to track my baby’s crying. She is two months and starting to have periods of fussiness. Wish I could find another version of this app where I could track duration and intensity of crying as well as baby’s feeding and diapers, and what I eat to help identify potential correlation between what I eat and her green diaper or fussiness. Haven’t found a baby or breastfeeding app out there that tracks crying as well as this one would, or that tracks mom’s diet.
Works well, but one fix would help!
This worked great for timing my contractions when I went into labor. It’s easy to edit the start/end time if I missed hitting the button in time. ONE COMPLAINT that would be an easy fix: when my water broke, I hit the water button and made a note of the color. When I got to the hospital, I looked back to see what time my water had broken, and I realized the app did not save the time!! I see now there’s an “edit” button at the top to add a time, but this was not obvious to me mid-labor in the middle of the night. What would be better is if a time automatically populates when the user hits the water button—with the option to edit it she needs. But not having a default time is a bummer.
At the end of the day, the hospital was happy with a rough estimate, but I was a little annoyed because I took the time to note it in the app.
This app was so helpful for this first time mom! I had an irritable uterus so I was used to having a *lot* of contractions and this app helped me figure out when things were moving toward labor as well as when it was time to go to the hospital. The stats were super helpful as my contractions continued, as was the summary list of contractions. A simply designed app that is highly functional and very easy to use (which is great when the pain starts to intensify!!!). Once I got to the hospital, I stopped using it and missed it a bit.
- Mustansir Golawala
- 46.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mustansir Golawala
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
- Support App & Disable Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.