Full Term - Labor Contraction Timer, Pregnancy Reference & Kick Counter
By Mustansir Golawala
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application is the most convenient way to keep track of your labor contractions. I created this application for use during my own wife's labor and have paid special attention to keeping the interface as clean and clutter free as possible.
You have to tap a single button to track the start and end of each of your contractions, and "Full Term" will take care of the rest. The application is designed to keep track of the times, durations and frequency of the entire labor period.
Your full labor history and contraction progress will be saved regardless of whether you restart the application during a contraction or restart the entire device. There is no need to keep this application open the whole time. Of course, you can also email your contraction history to a health care professional or for your records.
In addition, you get a full featured Fetal Kick counter and a handy pregnancy reference section that you can use to brush up your knowledge.
To summarize, some of the features are:
* Simple interface to track each contraction
* View your complete contraction history in chronological or reverse chronological order
* Edit your contractions in case you forget
* Manually enter contraction entries if needed
* Undo your contractions in case you make a mistake
* Setup Contraction Alerts based on the 5-1-1 rule or customize to suit your needs
* Track breaking of waters
* Add a note to any contraction
* Specify the intensity of each contraction
* Monitor your labor progression using the built-in graphs
* Apple Watch Support
* Full Featured Kick counter
* View your complete Kick count session history
* Setup Reminders to make sure you count kicks at the same time every day!
* Email Kick counting history
* Customize the session length or the number of kicks counted per session
* Edit your Kick counting session by deleting accidental entries
* Add a note to any Kick counting session
* Track your weight gain progress through your Pregnancy
* Enter Due date information to Weight Gain for Pregnancy Week
* Attach notes to each weight entry
* Setup reminders to take your weight at the same time each week
* Great reference section included to provide pregnancy information
* Backup your history to iCloud
* Resume timing your labor on another device connected to the same iCloud account
* Configure the duration to monitor and determine trends
* Email your contraction history to anyone
* Dark Theme Mode for use in low light conditions to decrease eye strain
What's New in Version 3.4.0
- Contraction Alerts. Setup alerts for 5-1-1 or customize based on your requirements. You will be notified when those conditions are reached
- Weight Tracker. Keep your weight log over time during your pregnancy.
- Improved Graphing for Contractions. Now you can view up to 40 entries
- Larger Contraction button and other UI improvements such as better contrast colors in Dark Mode
- Lots of Bug Fixes!
A+ app only two suggestions for improvement
I really only used this app for taking contractions though I did play around with the other options. As a contraction timer it is very easy to use and informative. However, the button is very small and located right above the scroll bar for the other timers. In my sleep deprived state at 3am trying to time contractions, I kept ending up in the kick counter and missed a few contractions. My 1st suggestion would be to give an option to make the start/stop the only thing on the screen and a small menu button somewhere to go back to regular view, or perhaps a setting to turn off features you are not interested in using so they are not clickable. My 2nd suggestion, since this app does eat a pretty hefty amount of battery, would be an option to sync the information with another phone so that the contractions can be timed by mom-to-be or a support person depending on which phone has the most charge.
Useful, easy, personal
I am happy I found this app. I used it extensively in the last few days of my wife's pregnancy, and had I found it earlier I would have taken even greater advantage of its resources. After my baby was born, I contacted the creator of the app with several ideas, and we had fruitful, interesting conversations about pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. Give this app a try. At the very least I am sure you will value the chance to observe contractions, kicks and more in an intuitive way. It all happens so fast that I think it would be very challenging to record this information in an organized way. You can save it all and email it to yourself, to have a record for later. (Also, our midwife was very happy that we were able to send her frequent, objective updates.)
Easy to use
I just had my first baby and was very happy with how easy it was to use this app during labor. Obviously labor takes a ton of focus just to cope with the pain, never mind trying to look at a clock and keep track of contraction times and intervals. This app is an easy start/stop timer that does all the math for you. All I had to do was hit a button. It also keeps the phone from going into lock mode, which means not having to deal with unlocking your phone as a contraction is coming on. It can burn through the battery, but I had my phone plugged in or connected to an external battery most of the time, so wasn't an issue for me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 27, 2016
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 44.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Mustansir Golawala
- © Mustansir Golawala
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$0.99
- Support App & Disable Ads$0.99