Fun eReader Picture Books
By Arbordale Publishing, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your children or grandchildren will think they are playing but they are really learning.
There is no better gift that adults can give to young children than reading to them on a regular basis. Reading picture books to children provides a strong foundation for ALL learning in the future—not just the love of reading (the foundation for all subjects studied in school) but by building a strong vocabulary. Young children are also naturally inquisitive about the world around them. How many parents have been asked “why” about things? Young children are sponges to learn about the world around them—that love of learning can continue through life if the fire is lit at an early age. We believe that young children are capable of understanding and can get excited about science and math at a very young age. We also believe that young children learn and remember things better if they are “engaged” somehow.
Arbordale Publishing provides fun-to-read picture book stories with underlying, but subtle, science and math themes to “light the fire” of inquisitiveness. The books have a “cuddle factor” so that parents can comfortably read the books to children on their lap or at bedtime. Each book includes 3-6 pages of “For Creative Minds” in the back of each book with easy-to-understand activities specifically designed so that parents and adults can become the “teachers” even when they don’t remember the underlying subject. The parents are given the tools they need to answer the “why” questions. The activities are also designed to engage children and are so much more than a list of “fun facts.” Activities may include matching, sequencing, and true/false questions to develop critical thinking skills. These activities make each book so much more than a picture book…the books become tools to get readers (the children AND the adults in their lives) excited about the underlying subjects and to become a “launch pad” for more discussions and learning.
- 99 fun-to-read picture books that subtly introduce science & math concepts.
- eBooks read-aloud in both English and Spanish with selection on the fly.
- ebooks stream from the cloud (default) or can be downloaded to your ipad.
- Audio speed control
- "More.." button within each eBook offers additional resources
- Download, Uninstall, and Buy Me options on the Manage eBooks page (via MyAccount page).
- In-App purchase with AppleID and password or use our Online Store.
- In addition to iPad viewing, purchased eBooks will also play on computers, and other mobile devices. (New Users do not have to register but not registering limits eBook access to the iPad and precludes computer and other mobile device access.)
- Search eBooks by Title, Author, Keywords, Animals
- Sort by Language Arts (Common Core), Math (CC), Science (Next Generation Science Standards) or by Reading Levels (AR, Guided Reading, Lexile).
- eBook Display Options: (1) set English or Spanish as default language, (2) view all eBooks (14 page previews) or purchased eBooks only, (3) view all eBooks or downloads only.
- View usage details
- Schools and Libraries may sign-up online for 30-day free trial.
What's New in Version 2.0
-eBooks played over the cloud load faster
-Users can now review the app (on the App Store) directly from within the app
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 06, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Arbordale Publishing, LLC
- © Arbordale Publishing / Digiraatis Infotech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- * All-Title Set (1 of 8): Fall 2012$5.99
- * All-Title Set (2 of 8): Spring 2013$6.99
- Most Dangerous, The$6.99
- Kali's Story: An Orphaned Polar Bear Rescue$6.99
- Big Cat, Little Kitty$6.99
- Dino Tracks$6.99
- Meet the Planets$6.99
- * All-Title Set (3 of 8): A to C$79.99
- ABC Safari$6.99
- Penguin Lady, The$6.99