FunBridge - Your bridge club
By GOTO Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FunBridge, your new bridge club on iPhone and iPad.
Already over 200.000 players and more than 350.000 deals played every day!
FunBridge is a bridge game. It enables you to play deals at your own pace, whenever you want, and rank yourself against hundreds of other players (as well as your friends) who have played the same deals as you under the same conditions (indeed, you play with 3 computers at the table and these are the same for all players). You can watch a replay of how other players have played (bidding and card play), replay deals, see your live scores and even pause a deal to resume it later. For each deal, you are compared to other players and it is possible to watch a replay of how each player has played, making FunBridge an ideal tool to progress.
- 2 tournaments of the day per continent
- Series tournaments and unlimited practice deals
- Challenge your friends in 1 vs. 1 in 5 deals tournaments
- Ranking of all players per series with evolution across series
- Two-player mode to practise with your friends, with 2 computers at the table
- It is possible to edit your visiting card and consult other players' visiting cards
- It is possible to watch a replay of all the other players' bids and card play!
- Tournaments with MP and IMP scoring
- Setting of your bidding conventions (North plays the same system as the one you choose in the game settings, i.e. strong 2, weak 2, Standard American Yellow Card (SAYC), ACOL or Polish Club)
- Help for bids during the game with points and assumed suit distribution (range of the number of cards per suit) displayed for each bid at the table
- Look for players, follow players and friend requests
- Filters in rankings to display only the players you follow and your friends, and thus to compare yourself to them.
Warning! The FunBridge application for iPhone and iPad requires an Internet connection to play. Why? Simply because the game engine (the artificial intelligence playing bridge with you) is not present in the application. This allows for a much more powerful game engine since the iPhone and iPad resources do not allow to make the game engine work as effectively as possible. On top of that, it allows us to continuously improve the game engine without you having to update your application.
What's New in Version 3.2.9
- Bug fixes and improved performance
They should call this "No fun bridge"
The app is ruined because deals are not random. The key finesse is always off, trumps don't break, etc. If you have AQ the King is offside 99% of the time. OK that is an exaggeration, since it is actually offside 100% of the time. Play for the stiff King, that at least works some of the time. And I am getting really tired of the defense coming up with the magic singleton opposite an Ace to beat otherwise good contracts. The app also cheats - when you defend the declarer will not take a losing finesse when it is logical to do so, and plays a suit the wrong way instead, except as the cards lie it works. I have played way, way too much real bridge, and know this is NOT random probability. Good contracts that make most of the time don't make here because the normal laws of probability don't apply. And there you go, you just wasted money to play a lousy hand with bad breaks. Why does No Fun Bridge go out of their way to do this to you??? Don't say you weren't warned.
flawed app but still fun and good practice
I enjoy how the app works, but I find the bidding sometimes erratic and often can't duplicate in replay the contracts that most people played. I also find that finesses almost never work, and that defenders play unexpected cards that don't seem to be derived from convention or experienced estimation. I also can't find on the app how they are actually "grading" your play--it has to be there somewhere, right? Maybe they assume everyone knows the ins and outs of scoring but I am garage/college exam player who never learned the niceties.
If you are not too concerned about the consistency or accuracy of the game you play this app is for you. The layout and format are great, but the conventions offered are not accurately played and your computer partner only randomly follows the conventions when bidding.
App support is awful, and seem unable to understand english when asked a question.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 3.2.9
- Size: 34.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: GOTO GAMES
- © 2010-2015 GOTO Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 50 deals pack$2.99
- 100 deals pack$4.99
- 200 deals pack$7.99
- 500 deals pack$16.99
- 1,000 deals pack$26.99
- Unlimited deals for one year$99.99
- Unlimited deals for 1 month$12.99
- Unlimited deals for 3 months$38.99
- Unlimited deals for 6 months$64.99