By Virtual Speech Center Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Functional Listening app includes listening exercises with everyday messages that might be heard throughout the day at different settings such as store, doctor’s office, school, etc.
Functional listening can be used in speech therapy with individuals, who struggle with language comprehension due to receptive language disorders, Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD), stroke and cognitive deficits. This app can be also used by second language learners (ESL) to practice comprehension of English.
Functional Listening app includes over 100 audio exercises in the following categories:
- Listening to phone messages
- Listening to news
- Listening to daily messages
- Listening to messages at school
- Listening to messages at the doctor’s office
- Listening to how-to instructions and manuals
The users will listen to various messages and take a comprehension quiz at the end of each message.
Functional Listening app is easy to navigate and allows users to employ several tools to perform the following tasks:
- Enter multiple students
- Change settings and use randomization
- Select auto-scoring
- Select alternate counts for multiple students
- Select different types of background noise
- Delay the presentation of stimuli
- Track correct and incorrect responses
- E-mail results at the end of the session
What's New in Version 1.1
- UI Improvements
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 19, 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Virtual Speech Center Inc.
- © Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.