Fun Golf GPS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn why over 1 million golfers use FunGolf GPS to get accurate yardages information and improve their golf game. And be sure to check FunGolf for Apple Watch!
With FunGolf GPS for Apple Watch, you have the yardages right on your wrist: you can prepare your next shot with confidence, for an unmatched golf experience.
FunGolf for Apple Watch features:
- Scrollable interactive hole layout with distance to any point of the map thanks to the digital crown
- High-contrast maps of the hole for optimal legibility
- Automatic location-based or score-based hole-tracking
- Convenient scorekeeping for up to 4 players.
- Instant shot-tracking: how long was that drive?
- Uses Apple Watch Series 2 built-in GPS when available
- High-contrast 3D maps, visible even in bright sun light.
- Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
- Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
- Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
- Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
- Rounds data synchronisation across your Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad
- Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation...
- FunGolf uses the Health app to save your golf rounds as workouts and track your calories burned, steps and walking distance.
Available for more than 18,000+ courses in the USA and 34,000+ worldwide.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. FunGolf will use your GPS only when you have started a golf round, and will automatically stop it when you end the round or leave the golf course.
In-app purchases availables:
- FunGolf Membership: $4.49/month or $19.99/year
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 4.0.1
I researched all the golf apps for my new watch 2. You really could not tell on any of the apps, even including this particular app, whether there was a picture of the hole you were playing on the watch. I wanted more than just yardage. The picture is great for each hole, and you touch your watch to actually move the lines (and get exact yardage) wherever on the course you want to hit to. It worked perfectly!!! I absolutely loved it. My watch still had juice at the end of the day, even after playing golf with it and turning the meter for exercise on and running.
Overall most stable golf app on watch
All that this needs is front/middle/back readings on the watch.
Understand The Good and Bad Ratings
I understand the good and bad ratings. I've had this app for almost 4 years and don't remember if it was advertised as free initially. But it definitely should not be adversised as free if customers can't use any functionalities for free. That is definitely misleading.
One of the PRO's to this app is that this app is the only app that offers a lifetime subscription compared to the other apps I downloaded when I first started playing golf. I refuse to keep paying money into an app to continue using it.
A CON to this app is that iOS 3 on the Apple Watch drains the battery watch fast. I don't know what the difference between other users and me but the battery drains fast on both my Apple Watch Series 1 and 2. Overall, the battery is far superior on the Series 2 but my watch cannot stand up to the Fun Golf App. Today I went from 100 percent to 37 after using it for one round.
I was origially going to write Shot Tracking as a CON but I never knew they had a User Guide until tonight. I looked for it prior to writing this review. The User Guide must be read (in my opinion) prior to using Shot Tracking. I think the stats the app gives you after a round are amazing. Unfortunately some of mine were always wrong because I was inputting my shots wrong. A CON to the shot tracking also is that it automatically selects a club. Oftentimes it would auto-select a club that I wasn't using. I'd go in and change the club and the app would change the club back. I want to get this right but oftentimes I'll just not use shot tracking during the round.
Customer service is a PRO. I've contacted them a few times to get a course updated etc. and they were always responsive. The respective course got updated each and every time.
Graphics is a PRO. You can see from some of the screenshots. It's not a Google Map, etc. that's hard to distinguish one hole from another if you're playing on a links style course.
In summary, I've tried other apps but I've kept coming back to this one. This is my favorite and I recommend. Detailed Shot Tracking can be challenging and it drains the battery on both series of the Apple Watch but this app is a must. Graphics are remarkable. I like the color codes on the scorecard. I've played golf around the world and this app has had every course. I paid $40 (at the time) for the lifetime membership. I think I paid another fee for use with the Apple Watch. Customer Service is excellent and always responsive.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 02, 2016
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 41.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: GolfCoders
- © 2012-2016 GolfCoders
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- FunGolf Membership$4.49
- FunGolf Membership$19.99