Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anime. Anytime. Anywhere.
Subscribe to FunimationNow and take your love of anime anywhere you go with this free iOS app!
Watch Funimation’s library of HD, ad-free anime shows featuring iconic classics and the hottest new series streaming just hours after they air in Japan. With the largest collection of English-dubbed episodes online and the option to watch in the original Japanese with English subtitles, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
• Unlimited access to hundreds of subtitled and English-dubbed anime shows
• Watch HD shows, movies, OVAs, and extras completely ad free
• The latest simulcast shows, as well as our huge library of anime classics
• Exclusive English dubs within weeks of their Japanese broadcast
• Support original Japanese creators by getting your anime from an official source
• Purchase a subscription from within the app
• Advanced Search to find and filter shows easily
• Marathoning / Auto-play next episode
• +/- 10 sec skip
• Queue sync
• Episode progress sync across devices
• Airplay and Chromecast features
FunimationNow subscription details:
• FunimationNow subscribers will receive a 30-Day free trial. After that, the account will renew on a monthly basis.
• Subscribers will be charged a monthly fee of $5.99 for a Premium Subscription
• FunimationNow subscriptions will automatically renew every month until membership is cancelled. Subscribers must cancel the subscription before the end of term to avoid being charged for another term.
What's New in Version 1.3.4
- Bug fixes
- Added support for new territories
The content is fantastic, and I love that I can watch anime in English. Also, this version of the app is far superior to the first Funimation app that was scrapped. That said, it still has issues.
When I'm watching a video, this is the only app that doesn't pause when I lock my phone. That's just weird. The other thing is that I may be watching in English most of the time, but where are my subtitles?!? Closed captioning is how it's done, son. Don't they know? I feel like I've lost one of my senses because I can't read what's going on while they're speaking it. I hear so much better when I can also read it. I wish I had this ability in real life.
Overall though, huge improvement over the original app, and it's no longer Crashy McCrasherson, and it even remembers what episode I'm on, and what part of the episode! It's like modern technology! Wow!
But still has some areas to improve. I'm gonna pick apart the good and the bad:
1: Is functional, almostuch so as the Crunchyroll app
2: High selection of anime
3: Is no longer "deceptively free." What I mean by that is that the first iteration of the rewrite had the major problem in that, while it was free, it forced you into buying a $10 a month subscription to use it.
1: Still somewhat buggy; the biggest one that I've noticed so far is not having the screen turn as I turn my device, though I have seen some people talk about much worse bugs than that.
2: I can't figure out how to set it to sub instead of dub. I didn't look very long, to be fair, however, one shouldn't have to look very long. While Crunchyroll's system for this isn't the most obvious (if they even have the dub, which is rare), at least it's there. I can't seem to find it here and so I'm forced to watch anime dubbed.
3: Extremely quiet player. Maybe I just have my phone too quiet or something, but I seriously can't hear a thing. I'm reluctant to turn it up right now because it's late and I don't want to wake my brother, who shares a room with me (AKA the Den of Nerddom).
Works well but needs improvement
This app has come a long way and the bug fixes help tremendously in regards to speed and usability. One thing that needs to be improved is chromecast support. Please make it faster to load a show and there is an annoying bug when you finish an episode and shows the next episode to play, you press play and instead of playing, it skips to the next episode in the lineup so I have to go back and refresh from the main menu to get back on track and press play again from my phone to play through my chromecast. Please fix this!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 19, 2017
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Funimation Entertainment
- ©2017 Funimation Productions, LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases