Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anime. Anytime. Anywhere.
Subscribe to FunimationNow and take your love of anime anywhere you go with this free iOS app!
Watch Funimation’s library of HD, ad-free anime shows featuring iconic classics and the hottest new series streaming just hours after they air in Japan. With the largest collection of English-dubbed episodes online and the option to watch in the original Japanese with English subtitles, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
• Unlimited access to hundreds of subtitled and English-dubbed anime shows
• Watch HD shows, movies, OVAs, and extras completely ad free
• The latest simulcast shows, as well as our huge library of anime classics
• Exclusive English dubs within weeks of their Japanese broadcast
• Support original Japanese creators by getting your anime from an official source
• Purchase a subscription from within the app
• Advanced Search to find and filter shows easily
• Marathoning / Auto-play next episode
• +/- 10 sec skip
• Queue sync
• Episode progress sync across devices
• Airplay and Chromecast features
FunimationNow subscription details:
• FunimationNow subscribers will receive a 30-Day free trial. After that, the account will renew on a monthly basis.
• Subscribers will be charged a monthly fee of $5.99 for a Premium Subscription
• FunimationNow subscriptions will automatically renew every month until membership is cancelled. Subscribers must cancel the subscription before the end of term to avoid being charged for another term.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Improved support for Chromecast
- Bug fixes
Nice but needs work
The access to so much anime is nice, but there are definite issues with the functionality of interface usage and other areas.
There seems to be a trend away from Japanese options on some shows, while others have them but selecting a language is a pain. To select language (currently) you must do so on each individual episode as opposed to by series or season. While watching cowboy bebop some Japanese episodes were not playing the correct episode while the English was the right one. This seems to indicate a priority for dubbed episodes, even though subtitled anime is desirable for many anime lovers. (Personally find most actors used for dubbing to not put the right emotion into their performances). There are also a few situations where you may want to access a menu while the show is open and paused, but the buttons and what they stand for aren't necessarily intuitive.
Otherwise the app is good, but the interface should be redesigned whenever possible and I suggest adding a tutorial to show where various options are. (and yes, it's not hard to figure out, but for the sake of making the app usage as comfortable and enjoyable as possible)
Apple TV problems
This app has some awesome content but, the app on the Apple TV is very poorly designed and major bugs that needs to bring to attention especially when people are paying money for streaming services. I recenlty got the apple tv 4 gen. and downloaded the app. i made an account got the $5.99 premium stream and i can't even stream on my tv. it works fine on my laptop and on my itouch and i know this might not seem like a big deal but there is nothing better than watching on a huge tv compared to a dinky itouch screen. everytime i try signing into through my apple tv its says i need to pay a subscription and makes me sign out. When i manage my subscriptions, its says i am paying $5.99. i tried contacting funimation and there is no number to call only email and pray to god they get back to you after few weeks. Even when i go on funimation website it says i have all access. This problem has been going on for weeks and still no fix. i feel like either funimation needs to update the app and include a over the phone line to contact or apple need to cut ties with funimation. if i am paying premium price i should have no problem getting help or get the feeling i am only getting half the benefits.
It's a good app, but it lacks choices on most recent
This app works well. No trouble streaming at all. The new agreement between Funimation & Crunchyroll leads my understanding that all Funimation will be focusing on is translating all anime into English. This leads to the episodes being behind by about 3-4 weeks. (I seriously can't believe Funimation would have made that agreement) Another problem is you are no longer able to separate older anime from most recent additions. If you don't know the names of the new series, you will have to hunt them down. It also doesn't give you a clear view of multiple seasons. Leading to season 2, 3, being over looked.
Yes this app has some improvements, it still needs some additions to it. Again Funimation still doesn't save where you log off of a series. Best wishes!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 10, 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 51.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Funimation Entertainment
- © 2016 Funimation Productions, LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases