Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anime. Anytime. Anywhere.
Subscribe to FunimationNow and take your love of anime anywhere you go with this free iOS app!
Watch Funimation’s library of HD, ad-free anime shows featuring iconic classics and the hottest new series streaming just hours after they air in Japan. With the largest collection of English-dubbed episodes online and the option to watch in the original Japanese with English subtitles, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
• Unlimited access to hundreds of subtitled and English-dubbed anime shows
• Watch HD shows, movies, OVAs, and extras completely ad free
• The latest simulcast shows, as well as our huge library of anime classics
• Exclusive English dubs within weeks of their Japanese broadcast
• Support original Japanese creators by getting your anime from an official source
• Purchase a subscription from within the app
• Advanced Search to find and filter shows easily
• Marathoning / Auto-play next episode
• +/- 10 sec skip
• Queue sync
• Episode progress sync across devices
• Airplay and Chromecast features
FunimationNow subscription details:
• FunimationNow subscribers will receive a 30-Day free trial. After that, the account will renew on a monthly basis.
• Subscribers will be charged a monthly fee of $5.99 for a Premium Subscription
• FunimationNow subscriptions will automatically renew every month until membership is cancelled. Subscribers must cancel the subscription before the end of term to avoid being charged for another term.
What's New in Version 1.3.6
- Bug Fixes
Very bad, doesnt' integrate well with AppleTV
I primarily watch this on my Apple TV and it's just a bad experience. There is no other way to submit feedback on this so let me go through point by point.
1. Doesn't use Apple TV Apis for Language and Subtitle preference. This means that I can only choose them from the Funimation App UI and only when I first start an episode. If I start an episode in one language and decide to switch to another, I have to start the episode from the beginning. That also combines with the second problem
2. App doesn't remember language/subtitle preferences. If I start watching a show in Japanese w/English subs, it will default to English the next time I watch it. Sometimes it remembers if I continue from the first page and sometimes it will force me to go back to the show to choose the language/sub settings again due to #1.
3. Doesn't track what I've already watched. For example, it might remember the last couple episodes of a show but then completely forget the first ten episodes I watched before that. Almost as if I never saw them.
If they fix these issues, I will fix my rating. I have notice the mobile app received an update, but that has not translated in a better Apple TV experience.
It is truly an amazing app. I have it on my PS4 pro and my iPhone...I don't have it on my X box one but that's perfectly fine with me, buy other than that I absolutely love the app and I can watch it on the go. Like lets say im at an airport, yet the internet will be slow cause everyone is on it at once but the fact that I can still get on the app and watch anime is fun I suppose...I don't know I probably sound like a weaboo right now but I'm not I'm just a simple man that likes his anime😜
Things are working a lot better for me. Main complaint is the queue on both my tablets doesn't show everything I have in it. My other devices (phone, computer, Roku) do NOT have this issue.
Jan 28th. 1 Star
I love the service and give that 5 stars. the new app and website are awful. Very difficult to navigate. I hope they fix things.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 02, 2017
- Version: 1.3.6
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Funimation Entertainment
- ©2017 Funimation Productions, LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases